Former TNA Tag Team champion, James Storm and ROH TV champion, Silas Young, are saying goodbye to their respective companies, with many believing that the both men are bound for WWE.
This may be more than just speculation, given where the men live and their status within their promotions.
James Storm left Impact Wrestling in 2015. He had a short stint in WWE’s developmental promotion, NXT. By December, Storm declined signing with WWE and shortly returned to Impact. Storm accumulated several championship reigns during his decade and a half with Impact. He won the tag team titles double digit times. Storm also won the King of the Mountain, as well as the TNA World Heavyweight championship to boot.
For all of his accomplishments, Storm opted to not continue with Impact. This past week’s Impact featured Storm in a “Loser Leaves Town” match against Dan Lambert. With Lambert winning the match, Storm said goodbye to Impact Wrestling. According to WrestlingNews.Co, “Storm is leaving the company because he was one of the few big money contracts remaining and the company is in serious cost-cutting mode.” Storm didn’t leave NXT on bad terms, so it is quite believable, he’ll join his former Beer Money partner, Bobby Roode, on the main WWE roster.
The ‘Last Real Man’, Silas Young, has been a mainstay of Ring of Honor for well over a decade. Young won a couple of tournaments himself, like the Honor Rumble and the 2016 Tag Wars Tournament. Young also recently won the Ring of Honor Television championship for the first time. Silas Young was a true work horse for the number two (or three depending who you ask) wrestling promotion in the U.S.
Young’s contract recently expired. ROH seems to be in a rebuilding phase as well. Young sent out this tweet recently,
Been in Florida since new year's day and I just realized my contract expired and im a free agent holding some important gold!! Weather is shitty, if only there was something else to do in the Orlando area.
— silas young (@lastrealmanROH) January 4, 2018
He also added that “If only there was something else to do in the Orlando area”, hinting at joining NXT. Whether this is legitimate, or a ploy to renegotiate with ROH for a higher contract, it may be a bit before we know for sure.
If James Storm and Silas Young are truly WWE bound, World Wrestling Entertainment could do worse. Each of these men is a hell of a hand and would fill out any promotion’s roster nicely.
- Best two teams in the NHL battle for Supremacy. January 18, 2018
- Smackdown Live crowns a new United States Champion January 16, 2018
- Braun Strowman fired!! Summerslam Universal Championship rematch! January 16, 2018
- Rays-ing the question: Who’s on first? January 16, 2018
- Spring Training single game tickets on sale Friday January 15, 2018
- Bobby Lashley Joins the Caravan Exiting Impact Wrestling January 15, 2018
- REPORT: Lightning to place JT Brown on waivers today January 13, 2018
- Paige retiring, Mixed Match Challenge and Royal Rumble updates January 12, 2018
- Hedman will miss 3-6 weeks with lower-body injury January 12, 2018
- Rays agree to terms with seven arbitration-eligible players January 12, 2018