Rays trimmed their roster Sunday sending some of their prized prospects to Durham.
As the mid-way point of the exhibition season arrives, rosters begin to slim down. On Sunday, the Rays optioned many prospects including INF Christian Arroyo, 1B/OF Jake Bauers, OF Justin Williams, and SS Willie Adames to Durham.
More #Rays cuts: Adames, Arroyo, Bauers, Williams optioned to minor league camp. Sullivan, McCarthy reassigned to minor league camp. Runzler released
— Roger Mooney (@RogerMooney50) March 11, 2018
Each showed very promising signs this spring. Bauers, in 25 at-bats, hit .240/.296/.400 with three stolen bases. Arroyo, aside from flashing his glove, hit .318/.400/.364 in nine games. Adames stood out among them all hitting a very impressive .364/.400/.727 with two home runs and six driven in to go along with a 1.127 OPS. Williams, in just 12 at-bats, hit .250/.308/.333 in eight games.
It’s very likely we’ll see Arroyo, Bauers, and Adames all at some point in 2018. Injuries and where the Rays are in the standings throughout the year will play a factor on just when. Williams will almost definitely be a September call-up and be competing for a corner outfield spot in 2019.
- Samoa Joe makes a chilling visit to the Styles residence on Smackdown Live September 25, 2018
- Lightning unable to hold third period lead in loss to Panthers September 25, 2018
- Fitzpatrick Falls Back to Earth as Steelers Beat Bucs September 24, 2018
- Potential cracks in the Shield lead to compelling main event on Raw. September 24, 2018
- Home stand will close out 2018 for the Rays September 24, 2018
- Say Hello, Waive Goodbye: Week 4 September 24, 2018
- Lightning cut roster by 25 heading into preseason’s final week September 23, 2018
- Shake Ups to the Weekly Schedule and Another New Special Event Are the Highlights this Week September 21, 2018
- Rays make final call-ups as playoff push gets tighter September 20, 2018
- Top 8 televised singles champions of 2018 September 19, 2018