Rays trimmed their roster Sunday sending some of their prized prospects to Durham.
As the mid-way point of the exhibition season arrives, rosters begin to slim down. On Sunday, the Rays optioned many prospects including INF Christian Arroyo, 1B/OF Jake Bauers, OF Justin Williams, and SS Willie Adames to Durham.
More #Rays cuts: Adames, Arroyo, Bauers, Williams optioned to minor league camp. Sullivan, McCarthy reassigned to minor league camp. Runzler released
— Roger Mooney (@RogerMooney50) March 11, 2018
Each showed very promising signs this spring. Bauers, in 25 at-bats, hit .240/.296/.400 with three stolen bases. Arroyo, aside from flashing his glove, hit .318/.400/.364 in nine games. Adames stood out among them all hitting a very impressive .364/.400/.727 with two home runs and six driven in to go along with a 1.127 OPS. Williams, in just 12 at-bats, hit .250/.308/.333 in eight games.
It’s very likely we’ll see Arroyo, Bauers, and Adames all at some point in 2018. Injuries and where the Rays are in the standings throughout the year will play a factor on just when. Williams will almost definitely be a September call-up and be competing for a corner outfield spot in 2019.
- The “next man up” might not be such a bad thing for Bucs June 22, 2018
- Goodbyes Are the Theme of Money in the Bank Fallout June 22, 2018
- Hedman wins first Norris Trophy June 20, 2018
- Wendle has been a pleasant surprise among Rays rookies June 20, 2018
- What looms for WWE overseas? June 20, 2018
- Smackdown Live gauntlet match decides WWE Championship challenger June 19, 2018
- BREAKING: WWE releases Big Cass June 19, 2018
- Kurt Angle losses control of Raw. So does Ronda Rousey. The follow up show for MITB. June 19, 2018
- Kiermaier makes his return in Houston in time to finish off road trip June 18, 2018
- Chicago bears witness to opportunities seized at Money In The Bank. June 17, 2018