Amidst the official announcement of the Ybor site for the potential new stadium, the Rays front office added a couple of pieces to spring training. RHP Sergio Romo was re-signed by the team, pending a physical, to a one-year, MLB deal. Romo, 34, came over from the Dodgers last July. While struggling in LA he thrived once traded to Tampa Bay. He appeared in 25 games for the Rays and pitched to a 1.47 ERA in 30.2 innings.
Long-time Jay returns to the East.
It was announced this evening that another arm had been added to the mix.
Former first-round pick of the Blue Jays, RHP Dustin McGowan, 35, was signed to a minor-league deal with an invite to spring training. Having spent the last two seasons in Miami, McGowan appeared in 63 games for the Marlins in ’17. A workhorse for the fish last season, he logged 77.2 innings over the course of those 63 games and finished with a 4.75 ERA.
The Rays 40-man roster is currently full even before signing Romo. A corresponding move will have to be made soon to make room.
With the signing of RP Sergio Romo, the #Rays now must make a 40-man move as the roster was full.
— The Scrum Sports (@TheScrumSports) February 9, 2018
- NXT Takes Over Brooklyn Again! August 18, 2018
- The Scrum Sports: Unfiltered 8-17-18 August 17, 2018
- The Biggest Weekend of the WWE Summer Has Arrived! August 17, 2018
- Don’t Shirk Draft Strategy August 15, 2018
- Smackdown Live creates an epic cliffhanger before SummerSlam August 14, 2018
- Rays and Pirates complete Archer deal with top pitching prospect, Baz August 14, 2018
- Huge return on Raw complicates Ziggler’s SummerSlam plans! Historic night on the commentary table. August 14, 2018
- R.I.P. Jim “the Anvil” Neidhart August 13, 2018
- The Scrum Sports: UNFILTERED 8/10/18 August 10, 2018
- The road ahead could determine the season for the Rays August 10, 2018