Amidst the official announcement of the Ybor site for the potential new stadium, the Rays front office added a couple of pieces to spring training. RHP Sergio Romo was re-signed by the team, pending a physical, to a one-year, MLB deal. Romo, 34, came over from the Dodgers last July. While struggling in LA he thrived once traded to Tampa Bay. He appeared in 25 games for the Rays and pitched to a 1.47 ERA in 30.2 innings.
Long-time Jay returns to the East.
It was announced this evening that another arm had been added to the mix.
Former first-round pick of the Blue Jays, RHP Dustin McGowan, 35, was signed to a minor-league deal with an invite to spring training. Having spent the last two seasons in Miami, McGowan appeared in 63 games for the Marlins in ’17. A workhorse for the fish last season, he logged 77.2 innings over the course of those 63 games and finished with a 4.75 ERA.
The Rays 40-man roster is currently full even before signing Romo. A corresponding move will have to be made soon to make room.
With the signing of RP Sergio Romo, the #Rays now must make a 40-man move as the roster was full.
— The Scrum Sports (@TheScrumSports) February 9, 2018
- Owens and Zayn plan to steal WWE Championship at Fastlane February 20, 2018
- Point and Kucherov dazzle as Lightning hold off Capitals in DC February 20, 2018
- Rays send Souza Jr. to D-Backs in three-way trade February 20, 2018
- Buccaneers release Doug Martin February 20, 2018
- Elimination Chamber preview. Gauntlet match! Mr Monday Night! February 20, 2018
- Despite the mood, first full squad workouts were a success February 19, 2018
- Rays acquire Cron, trade Odo, and DFA Dickerson on busy Saturday night. February 18, 2018
- Shots on shots, but Bolts drop a tough one to Jersey. February 17, 2018
- Should Dolph Ziggler Have Gone Back to WWE? February 16, 2018
- Stamkos, Kucherov and Hedman lead Bolts in 11th straight win against Detroit February 15, 2018