Amidst the official announcement of the Ybor site for the potential new stadium, the Rays front office added a couple of pieces to spring training. RHP Sergio Romo was re-signed by the team, pending a physical, to a one-year, MLB deal. Romo, 34, came over from the Dodgers last July. While struggling in LA he thrived once traded to Tampa Bay. He appeared in 25 games for the Rays and pitched to a 1.47 ERA in 30.2 innings.
Long-time Jay returns to the East.
It was announced this evening that another arm had been added to the mix.
Former first-round pick of the Blue Jays, RHP Dustin McGowan, 35, was signed to a minor-league deal with an invite to spring training. Having spent the last two seasons in Miami, McGowan appeared in 63 games for the Marlins in ’17. A workhorse for the fish last season, he logged 77.2 innings over the course of those 63 games and finished with a 4.75 ERA.
The Rays 40-man roster is currently full even before signing Romo. A corresponding move will have to be made soon to make room.
With the signing of RP Sergio Romo, the #Rays now must make a 40-man move as the roster was full.
— The Scrum Sports (@TheScrumSports) February 9, 2018
- Which side came out on top in Survivor Series? November 18, 2018
- Crashing The Net: Lightning moving forward after roller coaster of a week November 18, 2018
- NXT Wargames Takes Over the City of Angels November 17, 2018
- Lightning blow lead, escape with two points in Philadelphia track meet November 17, 2018
- Wargames Will Rage and Brands Will Battle to Survive November 16, 2018
- Brayden Point hat trick propels Lightning over the Penguins November 15, 2018
- Dion Lewis: Undervalued Fantasy Football Asset November 15, 2018
- Blake Snell wins the AL Cy Young Award November 14, 2018
- Once captains are no longer. New leaders in charge for Survivor Series. Title match surprise! November 13, 2018
- Kucherov, Lightning stymied by Hutton in road loss to Sabres November 13, 2018