Have you ever wondered what MLB players are like when they aren’t on the field?
This afternoon, Tampa Bay Rays third baseman Evan Longoria answered everyone’s number one question…
Do you like spicy food?
Ok, maybe I’m the only one who thinks that’s an important question.
Point is, far too often the general public forgets that professional athletes are, by in large, just like the rest of us.
They like Game of Thrones just as much as you do.
They know why the hotline bling – so do you.
You both still enjoy a home-cooked meal from mom.
Most of the sports world is debating over societal and political issues as they pertain to sports. I prefer to think about the more jovial, and light-hearted aspects of sports and the athletes that make up their landscape.
For example, have you ever wondered whether or not Longoria was a coffee drinker?
That question was answered several weeks ago when he introduced us to his very own line courtesy of Kahwa.
Have you ever pondered whether or not he really was a fan of Game of Thrones?
A great battle is coming this July, and House Longo will be ready to defend the Iron Throne.
— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) May 18, 2017
Signs have been posted in clubhouses throughout Major League Baseball reminding players that not everyone saw the most recent episode.
Or perhaps you would like to know what their favorite healthy snack is – or favorite brand of chips?
As it turns out, Longoria, like many, are quite fond of a particular Late July snack. He took to his Instagram account to share with the world how impressed he was with the spicy chips.
Are You Serious?!
Baseball season is over in Tampa Bay folks. And for those that are still celebrating a Red Sox loss, or rubbing a lucky rabbit’s foot for a Yankees defeat on Wednesday, it’s little things like this that remind us that professional athletes are real. They enjoy many of the same things as you.
So thank you Evan Longoria! Thank you for reminding us that sports are fun, personalities are fun, and many of the athletes are fun – especially when the average fan can relate to them.
Hopefully someday soon we can all enjoy the fun together – again.
Oh, and in case you needed a second opinion – those Jalapeño Lime chips are very good!
- REPORT: Carlos Gomez inks one-year deal with Rays February 21, 2018
- Owens and Zayn plan to steal WWE Championship at Fastlane February 20, 2018
- Point and Kucherov dazzle as Lightning hold off Capitals in DC February 20, 2018
- Rays send Souza Jr. to D-Backs in three-way trade February 20, 2018
- Buccaneers release Doug Martin February 20, 2018
- Elimination Chamber preview. Gauntlet match! Mr Monday Night! February 20, 2018
- Despite the mood, first full squad workouts were a success February 19, 2018
- Rays acquire Cron, trade Odo, and DFA Dickerson on busy Saturday night. February 18, 2018
- Shots on shots, but Bolts drop a tough one to Jersey. February 17, 2018
- Should Dolph Ziggler Have Gone Back to WWE? February 16, 2018