Vegas attack hits home with Rays infielder.
As of Monday afternoon, 58 people are dead in Las Vegas after the worst mass-shooting the United States has ever seen. The impact of the Mandalay Bay gunman’s actions can be felt throughout the country – including the Tampa Bay Rays locker room. The news of another domestic attack woke much of the nation this morning.
Rays infielder Daniel Robertson woke up on Sunday morning preparing for the end of a grueling rookie season. Before long his focus had completely shifted to the events that took place in Las Vegas. His mother was a spectator at the Route 91 Festival and was there for the unthinkable horror that took place.
Robertson took to Twitter this morning to let us know exactly how close to home this was to him.
Please pray and be with the people in Vegas. My mom was at the concert. #LasVegas
— Daniel Robertson (@D_Robertson28) October 2, 2017
Fortunately, his mother is safe and was able to make it out as soon as the sounds of gunfire pierced the air.
Yes, heard the shots and ran. Safe in a room now. Thank you
— JulieHooverRobertson (@Juliefrobertson) October 2, 2017
We have been unable to get in contact with Robertson for further comments. Many people are not as fortunate as Robertson’s mom, or have loved ones that lost their lives – our thoughts are with each and every person affected by this tragedy.
- REPORT: Carlos Gomez inks one-year deal with Rays February 21, 2018
- Owens and Zayn plan to steal WWE Championship at Fastlane February 20, 2018
- Point and Kucherov dazzle as Lightning hold off Capitals in DC February 20, 2018
- Rays send Souza Jr. to D-Backs in three-way trade February 20, 2018
- Buccaneers release Doug Martin February 20, 2018
- Elimination Chamber preview. Gauntlet match! Mr Monday Night! February 20, 2018
- Despite the mood, first full squad workouts were a success February 19, 2018
- Rays acquire Cron, trade Odo, and DFA Dickerson on busy Saturday night. February 18, 2018
- Shots on shots, but Bolts drop a tough one to Jersey. February 17, 2018
- Should Dolph Ziggler Have Gone Back to WWE? February 16, 2018