Cowboys lose star RB for six weeks for violation of Personal Conduct Policy.
News broke Friday morning that Dallas Cowboys running back, Ezekiel Elliott, will be suspended without pay for six weeks. The suspension will have the 2016-2017 Rookie of the Year finalist on the sidelines for the first six games of the season due to a violation of the NFL’s strict Personal Conduct Policy.
Over the course of the last year, the league has conducted an investigation stemming from a domestic violence allegation from July 2016.
Elliott, his legal team, and the NFLPA met in New York City on June 26, 2017. Todd Jones, the NFL’s Special Counsel for Conduct, informed Elliott that the advisors “were of the view that there is substantial and persuasive evidence supporting a finding that (Elliott) engaged in physical violence against Ms. Tiffany Thompson on multiple occasions during the week of July 16, 2016.”
Commissioner Roger Goodell reviewed the record and determined the evidence credible.
Elliott may appeal the suspension within the next three days.
Cowboys RB Ezekiel Elliott is expected to appeal 6-game suspension, per sources. Has three business days to file appeal.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 11, 2017
The suspension begins September 2 – when final rosters are due before Week 1. He may participate in all off-season and pre-season activities including games. Elliott will be eligible to return to the team on Monday, October 23.
Elliott joins DL Damontre Moore (2 games), David Irving (4 games), and Randy Gregory (1 year) as the now four Cowboys players suspended entering this season.
- REPORT: Carlos Gomez inks one-year deal with Rays February 21, 2018
- Owens and Zayn plan to steal WWE Championship at Fastlane February 20, 2018
- Point and Kucherov dazzle as Lightning hold off Capitals in DC February 20, 2018
- Rays send Souza Jr. to D-Backs in three-way trade February 20, 2018
- Buccaneers release Doug Martin February 20, 2018
- Elimination Chamber preview. Gauntlet match! Mr Monday Night! February 20, 2018
- Despite the mood, first full squad workouts were a success February 19, 2018
- Rays acquire Cron, trade Odo, and DFA Dickerson on busy Saturday night. February 18, 2018
- Shots on shots, but Bolts drop a tough one to Jersey. February 17, 2018
- Should Dolph Ziggler Have Gone Back to WWE? February 16, 2018