-During the preview leading up to this card I warned it was not PPV worthy and UFC 208 did not disappoint in its awfulness. Horrible refereeing, suspect judges, mixed with awkward match-ups made it one of the worst PPV events in the last 5 years.
-Germaine de Randamie is the inaugural 145lbs women’s champion. She beat Holly Holm in a messy & sloppy fight, but she beat Holm. Many people are upset at de Randamie’s cheap or late shots but that is on the ref to take points from her, not de Randamie to deduct points for her fouls. I am not sure outside of Cyborg, who the UFC can pair against de Randamie to make anyone interested in watching her fight again. Again, I’m not sure why the 145lbs division was created, and UFC 208 did nothing to dispel that notion.
-Holly Holm came into the fight claiming she did not want her career defined by her upset knockout of Ronda Rousey. Unfortuantely, that is definitely what she will get remembered for. Holm gives up too many rounds due to her passive style in the octagon and at this late stage in her career she is who she is as a fighter. She has amazing technical striking skills but cannot adapt her style to beat the top-tier fighters in the UFC.
-Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza is a monster on a mission. I hope the UFC rewards him with a title shot because he deserves it. He completely destroy Tim Boetsch which is not an easy task. He is a scary proposition if he gets to fight Michael Bisping or anyone who holds that 185lbs belt.
-Derek Bruson got a victory stolen from him, plain and simple. It isn’t the most egregious bad decision in UFC history but it definitely wasn’t a fair decision. He outworked Anderson Silva, and while he did not do anything impressive, he did enough in my opinion to win that fight.
-I’m happy for Anderson Silva despite him getting a win coming at the expense of Brunson via a bad decision. I hope this is officially his last fight because I do not think it ends well for a living legend insists on continuing to fight top-level fighters.
UFC 208 Predictions Recap
Souza vs Boetsch (Under 1.5 rounds -175) (Win) = +$60
Silva vs Brunson (Silva +125 via TKO) (Win) = +$125
Holm vs de Randamie (De Randamie via Unanimous Decision -135) = +$100
UFC 208 results (3-0) (+$285)
Prediction Record since 2016 to Date (33-25-0) ($137.50)
-Record & predictions based on Win vs Loss predictions only. Unless specified otherwise I use increments of $100 (for + odds predictions) & $110 (for – odds bets) as hypothetical wagers for each prediction.
-Predictions & Records are for entertainment value only
*Stats via www.UFC.com
- REPORT: Carlos Gomez inks one-year deal with Rays February 21, 2018
- Owens and Zayn plan to steal WWE Championship at Fastlane February 20, 2018
- Point and Kucherov dazzle as Lightning hold off Capitals in DC February 20, 2018
- Rays send Souza Jr. to D-Backs in three-way trade February 20, 2018
- Buccaneers release Doug Martin February 20, 2018
- Elimination Chamber preview. Gauntlet match! Mr Monday Night! February 20, 2018
- Despite the mood, first full squad workouts were a success February 19, 2018
- Rays acquire Cron, trade Odo, and DFA Dickerson on busy Saturday night. February 18, 2018
- Shots on shots, but Bolts drop a tough one to Jersey. February 17, 2018
- Should Dolph Ziggler Have Gone Back to WWE? February 16, 2018