It’s here; October, the playoffs, Christmas for baseball fans. Once again the AL East has dominated the playoffs with 3 teams showing up, the Toronto Blue Jays, Baltimore Orioles, and the division winning Boston Red Sox. Statistically a team in the East should make it to the World Series, but we all know that statistics mean nothing.
The Blue Jays struck first in the 2nd inning via a home run off the bat of captain Jose Bautista. 1-0 Jays. The Orioles responded in the 4th with a 2 run shot to right off the bat of Mark Trumbo. 2-1 Orioles. The Jays tied it up in the 5th with a single to center by Ezequiel Carrera.
In the 7th, a fan disrupted the game by throwing a full beer can onto the field while Hyun Soo Kim was fielding a pop fly. Center Fielder Adam Jones was far from pleased with the actions of the fan and was escorted off the field by an umpire.
The score would stay tied until the 11th when the game would be decided by a walk off 3 run home run by Edwin Encaranion. Final score 5-2 Blue Jays. With one swing of the bat, the Blue Jays move on the play the Texas Rangers for the AL divisional series.
- REPORT: Carlos Gomez inks one-year deal with Rays February 21, 2018
- Owens and Zayn plan to steal WWE Championship at Fastlane February 20, 2018
- Point and Kucherov dazzle as Lightning hold off Capitals in DC February 20, 2018
- Rays send Souza Jr. to D-Backs in three-way trade February 20, 2018
- Buccaneers release Doug Martin February 20, 2018
- Elimination Chamber preview. Gauntlet match! Mr Monday Night! February 20, 2018
- Despite the mood, first full squad workouts were a success February 19, 2018
- Rays acquire Cron, trade Odo, and DFA Dickerson on busy Saturday night. February 18, 2018
- Shots on shots, but Bolts drop a tough one to Jersey. February 17, 2018
- Should Dolph Ziggler Have Gone Back to WWE? February 16, 2018