Lefty was out of options following disappointing 2016.
After making the re-signing of 1B Logan Morrison official Tuesday, a spot on the 40-man roster needed to open up. The Rays solved that problem by trading LHP Enny Romero to the Washington Nationals for RHP prospect Jeffery Rosa, 21, and a native Dominican. In the Gulf Coast League last year he went 0-4 with a 4.91 ERA in 11 starts.
Romero, who just turned 26 last month, had a very disappointing season in 2016 and hasn’t been the consistent arm the Rays have expected despite being able to flirt with triple digits on the radar gun. Last season, Romero finished 2-0 with a 5.91 ERA in 52 games and finishes his Rays three-year career 2-2 with a 5.27 ERA in 76 games since making his debut in 2013.
- Lucha Underground Returns This Wednesday; Here Is Your Season Three Recap May 27, 2017
- UFC Fight Night Stockholm Gustafsson vs Teixeira May 26, 2017
- Around The NHL: The Stanley Cup Final Is Set! May 26, 2017
- Doug Martin: Better Physically And Mentally After Rehab May 26, 2017
- Possible Blue Line Options For The Vegas Golden Knights May 26, 2017
- Rasmus, Andriese Lift Rays to Series Split May 25, 2017
- Rays Prepare for 9-Game Road Trip May 25, 2017