Lakeland, FL is the site of the 2017 Florida State League All-Star Game. Several of MLB’s top-prospects are on display.
According to MLB.com, three of the Top-100 prospects in Major League Baseball were selected to the annual all-star classic.
The Cincinnati Reds’ 3B Nick Senzel (No. 20), New York Yankees’ SS Jorge Mateo (No. 39), and Pittsburgh Pirates’ RHP Mitch Keller (No.40) will represent their club at Publix Field at Joker Marchant Stadium.
Due to injury, Keller (back) will not participate in the night’s action. In fact, he did not make the trip to Lakeland. Senzel will bat sixth for the North All-Stars while his teammate for the evening, Mateo, is in the leadoff spot.
— Kris Dunn (@KrisDunnMLB) June 17, 2017
Three Rays players made the trip from Port Charlotte, representing their High-A Charlotte Stone Crabs organization.
Jake Cronenworth, Brett Sullivan, and Brandon Lowe were selected to play for the South All-Stars. Lowe joined his teammates but will not play due to a bruised forearm. The Stone Crabs’ INF is currently on the 7-Day DL.
Before the game, Sullivan and Cronenworth took batting practice as their injured teammate looked on.
Sullivan will be ready to rejoin action when the club resumes its Florida State League action on Monday afternoon.
The Stone Crabs host the Palm Beach Cardinals for a double-header starting at 4pm.
- Smackdown Live crowns a new United States Champion January 16, 2018
- Braun Strowman fired!! Summerslam Universal Championship rematch! January 16, 2018
- Rays-ing the question: Who’s on first? January 16, 2018
- Spring Training single game tickets on sale Friday January 15, 2018
- Bobby Lashley Joins the Caravan Exiting Impact Wrestling January 15, 2018
- REPORT: Lightning to place JT Brown on waivers today January 13, 2018
- Paige retiring, Mixed Match Challenge and Royal Rumble updates January 12, 2018
- Hedman will miss 3-6 weeks with lower-body injury January 12, 2018
- Rays agree to terms with seven arbitration-eligible players January 12, 2018
- Lightning smoked by Flames, lose All-Star to injury January 12, 2018