Lakeland, FL is the site of the 2017 Florida State League All-Star Game. Several of MLB’s top-prospects are on display.
According to MLB.com, three of the Top-100 prospects in Major League Baseball were selected to the annual all-star classic.
The Cincinnati Reds’ 3B Nick Senzel (No. 20), New York Yankees’ SS Jorge Mateo (No. 39), and Pittsburgh Pirates’ RHP Mitch Keller (No.40) will represent their club at Publix Field at Joker Marchant Stadium.
Due to injury, Keller (back) will not participate in the night’s action. In fact, he did not make the trip to Lakeland. Senzel will bat sixth for the North All-Stars while his teammate for the evening, Mateo, is in the leadoff spot.
— Kris Dunn (@KrisDunnMLB) June 17, 2017
Three Rays players made the trip from Port Charlotte, representing their High-A Charlotte Stone Crabs organization.
Jake Cronenworth, Brett Sullivan, and Brandon Lowe were selected to play for the South All-Stars. Lowe joined his teammates but will not play due to a bruised forearm. The Stone Crabs’ INF is currently on the 7-Day DL.
Before the game, Sullivan and Cronenworth took batting practice as their injured teammate looked on.
Sullivan will be ready to rejoin action when the club resumes its Florida State League action on Monday afternoon.
The Stone Crabs host the Palm Beach Cardinals for a double-header starting at 4pm.
- WWE RAWtrospective 8/21/17: Free Agent August 21, 2017
- Rays Rewind: Snell Highlights 2-5 Week August 21, 2017
- Summer 17: SummerSlam 2017 Recap August 21, 2017
- Snell, Kiermaier Shine In Sunday Victory August 20, 2017
- NXT Takeover Brooklyn Round 3…FIGHT! August 20, 2017
- Odorizzi rocked, offense sparks too late as Rays fall to M’s. August 19, 2017
- Rays Visit Toronto On A Short Road Trip August 17, 2017