As of the end of the broadcast week for WWE live match...
Eat, Drink, and Watch Football: Guide to Bay Area NFL Fan Clubs
Football season is upon us and The Scrum Sports wants to get you ready. As much as we support the Tampa Bay Buccaneers we know that the Bay area is filled with fans from all over the country and we want to make it easy for our readers to find other fans of their favorite team. We scoured the internet for fan clubs, supporter groups, meet ups, and restaurants/bars that are rumored to support certain teams with one goal in mind; so that we can help bring fans in Tampa Bay together to cheer on America’s most popular sport. We may not have found a location where the fans of your team meet, but fear not, Gators Dockside on Fowler has all the games for your viewing pleasure.
- Obrien’s Carrollwood in Tampa: Every Sunday this place is flooded with Steelers fans that take over the entire inside of the restaurant. The Bay Area Black and Gold Club calls it home and if you closed your eyes, you might think you were in a bar in the steel city.
- Cooters in Clearwater: This is a huge restaurant and they have a somewhat private section on the right side of the building that fills with Steeler fans.
- Rudy’s Sports Bar in Pinellas Park: The servers and bartenders uniforms are Black and Yellow, so it’s only fitting that this place is a Steelers fan hot spot.
- Beef ‘O’ Brady’s Citrus Park: This is where the Raven roost in Tampa. Home to the Raven’s Flock, the club uses a private room in the restaurant to host watch parties during all games.
- Green Parrot Pub Tampa: This place turns into a dog pound during football season. The Browns Backers meet here every Sunday, always hoping this season will be better.
New England Patriots:
- Tampa Joe’s (Formally Boston’s Pizza) is home the New England Patriots Nation. 500+ members strong pack this place off Anderson Rd in Tampa every Sunday.
- The Patriot Fans of Tampa Bay rule the Beef O’Brady’s at 4330 Bell Shoals Rd. in Valrico, FL.
- Bills Backers claim the Primetime Sports Grill in Carrollwood. This place has huge projection screens covering the walls to catch all the action.
- Buffalo Bill Backers of Brandon have met up at O’Briens in Brandon for 9 years. They say you won’t find more blue and red anywhere else in the bay area than here.
New York Jets:
- The New York Jets Fan Club of Tampa Bay call Peabody’s in North Tampa home. With 600+ registered members they have all the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets you can handle.
- Elmer’s Sports Cafe is home to the Redskin Rally. If you want a place to get your tomahawk chop on, Elmer’s is the spot.
- The Philly of the South is at Buckets Tap and Tavern in Tampa on Gunn Hwy. The Eagles fly high on huge projection screens in the sports bar.
New York Giants:
- Bobalouie’s Grille & Sports Garden is where the New York Giants Fan Club of Tampa Bay meetup. The Giants and the Jets may share a stadium, but not a fan bar.
- There is really not a fan club per say but there is a fan meetup group. Based on the meetup site, it appears that events are random vs every Sunday and may change locations unlike other clubs. Carolina Panthers Tampa Bay Fans is the group name, look them up for an event calendar.
Both the clubs are not as organized as many of the teams.
- Pinellas Chicago Bears Fans meetup group seem to meetup at Liberty Lanes in Largo off Starkey Rd. The event calendar on the meetup page is blank, but it does look like they meet at this location each Sunday.
- On a Yahoo Answers page I saw that someone answered asked about a Bears group and the top response listed was from someone saying that there is an unofficial fan club at the Beef ’O’ Brady’s on 10029 W. Hillsborough in Tampa. The owner of the location is from Chi-town and welcomes follow Bears fans to gather for the game.
- There does not look at be an organized fan club in the area, but there is a Detroit Sports Fans page on facebook. Based on the facebook page, the organizer plans random meetups and tailgates for sports involving all Michigan sports. Additionally, from personal experience I know that there are 2 restaurants/bars in Pinellas County that are known as Detroit sports bars; the Sandbar on Gandy in N. St. Pete and The Drunken Clam in St. Pete Beach.
Green Bay Packers:
The Tampa Packers are a Green Bay Fan Club that take control over 3 locations in the bay area on Sundays. If you want to cheer “Go Pack Go!” check out these spots around the bay.
- The Patio on S. McDill in Tampa
- Ferg’s Sports Bar on Central in St. Pete.
- Varsity Sports Club and Cafe off Hwy 19 in Clearwater.
- Viking Fans of Tampa Bay is your connection to the land of 10,000 lakes. They meet up at Taps at International Plaza so break out the purple and helmets with horns.
Kansas City Chiefs:
- Linksters Tap Room in Brandon is where it’s at. According to ArrowHeadAddict.com the owner of the location is form KC and puts out a spread for Chiefs fans.
Are you ready?