One of the biggest questions after last week’s loss to the New Orleans Saints was why starting running back, Doug Martin, was benched via a “coaches decision.” Well, as of Wednesday afternoon, we just may have the answer.
Martin issued a statement Wednesday saying he was notified of a violation of the league’s drug policy last week. The league has laid down a four-game suspension that Martin said he will not appeal and plans to get himself into a treatment program for help. In the same statement, a remorseful Martin apologized to the organization and fans and asked for support during his rehabilitation.
In a no doubt frustrating 2016 for the man who finished second in the NFL last season behind Adrian Peterson for the rushing title – Martin has played in just eight games due to injuries. He’s totaled 421 yards on 144 carries and two touchdowns and a career-low 2.9 yards/carry. In five seasons with the Bucs, he’s played a full 16 games only twice, both years finishing among the elite at his position that year.
- Rays Visit Toronto On A Short Road Trip August 17, 2017
- WWE Smackback 8/15/17 : “What A Horrific Waste” August 16, 2017
- Chris Archer Supports Young Prospect August 15, 2017
- WWE RAWtrospective 8/14/17: A King Dethroned August 14, 2017
- Rays Rewind: Below .500 After 1-5 Week August 14, 2017
- Sunday Souza Not Enough, Indians Take Series August 13, 2017
- Okada vs. Omega…Too Much Of A Good Thing? August 13, 2017