In an effort to improve the battle for back-up quarterback, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have agreed to terms with veteran QB Ryan Fitzpatrick.
First reported by Rick Stroud (@NFLSTROUD), the Buccaneers have improved their battle at the back-up QB position, by signing Ryan Fitzpatrick.
Bucs have agreed to terms with veteran QB Ryan Fitzpatrick.
— Rick Stroud (@NFLSTROUD) May 19, 2017
Fitzpatrick has 12-years of NFL experience, playing for six teams, his latest two seasons with the New York Jets. He has 116 starts to his name, including 166 touchdown passes and a 79.7 passer rating throughout his career. His combined record is 46-69-1 as a starter for all six teams.
Tampa will be his seventh stop in the NFL, after spending time playing for the St. Louis Rams, the Cincinnati Bengals, the Buffalo Bills, the Tennessee Titans, and most recently, the New York Jets.
The Bucs now add another name into the back-up QB conversation along with Ryan Griffin and Sean Renfree. Griffin, who has never played a regular season snap, was favorite to win the position over Renfree, who has seven career pass attempts.
Buccaneers are giving former Jets' QB Ryan Fitzpatrick a one-year, $3 million deal, per source.
— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 19, 2017
Since Fitzpatrick failed to find another starting gig, the Harvard product is now one of the most likeable back-ups the Bucs could’ve acquired. Since 2010, Fitzpatrick ranks 13th in the NFL for passing yards (21,784), as well as 11th in passing touchdowns (145).
Last season was a disaster for Fitzpatrick, he threw 11 touchdowns on 17 interceptions, as well as had the league’s worst passer rating (69.6).
- WWE RAWtrospective 7/24/17: Believe In The Shield? July 24, 2017
- Time for Another WWE Superstar Shakeup? July 24, 2017
- Rays Rewind: Rays Swept, Fall Behind Yankees July 24, 2017
- This Means War! Battleground 2017 Recap July 24, 2017
- Nightmare inning leads to blown lead, series loss v Rangers. July 22, 2017
- The Scrumdown:WWE News & Rumors July 22, 2017
- Ranking Eastern Conference Non-Playoff Teams’ Chances Of Playoff Return July 20, 2017