Both members of The Addiction (Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian) sustained injuries this past week at Ring of Honor’s three night event, Survival of the Fittest.
As one of the best tag teams in professional wrestling today, this comes as a major blow to ROH and to their fans.
The first incident occurred during night one of Survival of the Fittest in San Antonio, Texas. Matt & Nick Jackson, better known as the Young Bucks, delivered their signature move, the Indytaker (an assisted Tombstone piledriver), to Kazarian. Any piledriver is a pretty high risk maneuver. However, many have taken the move and walked away with nary a scratch. Kazarian is also one of the toughest guys in the industry. If he had to get on a plane back to California and missed nights two and three of the event, the impact must have been worse than it looked.
Night two of Survival of the Fittest was in Dallas, TX. Daniels faced Cody Rhodes of the Bullet Club for the ROH World Championship in a Texas Deathmatch. Daniels took a powerbomb through a flaming table. According to WrestlingNews.Co and the Wrestling Observer, Daniels worked the next show in Oklahoma City, despite having burns on his back. While Daniels is back in action, no definitive information has been released on Kazarian.
Ring of Honor’s roster is in a state of transition. The loss of performers like Donovan Dijak and Lio Rush and newer talent fighting to make a name for themselves makes this a precarious time. ROH cannot afford to have two of their top veterans out of action for long. We here at The Scrum Sports would like to wish both gentlemen a speedy recovery and return action. And, booking willing, one more run as the Ring of Honor tag team champions.
- Rays acquire Cron, trade Odo, and DFA Dickerson on busy Saturday night. February 18, 2018
- Shots on shots, but Bolts drop a tough one to Jersey. February 17, 2018
- Should Dolph Ziggler Have Gone Back to WWE? February 16, 2018
- Stamkos, Kucherov and Hedman lead Bolts in 11th straight win against Detroit February 15, 2018
- Rays announce ticket specials for 2018 season February 15, 2018
- 2017 Bucs: The good, bad and ugly February 15, 2018
- Column: Drafting The Bucs 2018: TE February 14, 2018
- New faces, young guns shine as workouts begin in Port Charlotte. February 14, 2018
- Superstars are added to WWE Championship match at Fastlane February 13, 2018
- Lightning’s special teams not so special in loss to Sabres February 13, 2018