It’s the home stretch of the 2016 season and the Tampa Bay Rays are playing their arch nemesis the Texas Rangers. The Rays have always have trouble with the Rangers. With them being at the bottom of their division and the Rangers being at the top of theirs this series is not going to be easy.
The Ranger started in on the Rays early in the 1st. Adrian Beltre singled to center and Ian Desmond scored. 1-0 Rangers. In the 3rd Carlos Beltran belted his 29th homer against Matt Andriese making the score 2-0 Rangers. The Rays responded in the 6th when captain Evan Longoria hit a double to left that allowed Kevin Kiermaier to score. 2-1 Rangers. That run would be the only one the Rays would score, but the Rangers would get one more in in the 6th when Rouged Odor hit his 33rd home run. 3-1 Rangers. That is game.
W: Darvish (7-5) L: Andriese (8-8) S: Dyson (38)
The Rays struck first in game 2. In the 3rd, the first to score was catcher Bobby Wilson after Evan Longoria hitter into a fielders choice. Rays up 1-0. Then with Kiermaier and Brad Miller on, Corey Dickerson belts his 24th home run of the season. 4-0 Rays. All bats remained quiet until the Rangers responded with a single home run by Robinson Chirinos. 4-1 Rays. That would be game and Jake Odorizzi would get his 10th win of the season.
W: Odorizzi (10-6) L: Lewis (6-5) S: Colome (37)
The last game of the season and the Rays want to finish strong regardless of their record. They strike first in the 2nd when a single off Curt Casali allows Richie Shaffer to score and later Jaff Decker hit a sacrifice fly to score Alexei Ramirez. 2-0 Rays. The Rangers take one back in that same inning by way of a single off the bat of Ryan Rua and Adrian Beltre would cross the plate. 2-1 Rays. in the 3rd the Rays would score again via a single from Luke Maile to score Longoria. 3-1 Rays. In the 4th, Jonathan Lucroy hit his 24th home run for the Rangers. 3-2 Rays. The Rays continue to play small small as Ramirez hits a line drive to right the score Dickerson. 4-2 Rays. In the 8th, Boxberger walked in a run, then in the 9th the Rangers would tie things up via a single by Hasner Alberto. But in the 10th Casali would get a clutch double to score Ramirez. Rays win 5-4.
W: Colome (2-4) L: Scheppers (1-1) S: Ramirez (2)
That is your season. Rays finish 68-94, last in the AL East. See you next year Rays fans.
- NJPW/ROH Honor Rising Results, Trent Baretta Injury Report, Are Impact Wrestlers Behind on Getting Paid and Tommy Dreamer in Lucha Undergound? February 25, 2018
- Bautista might find his way to Tampa February 25, 2018
- Lightning take shootout in Montreal, sweep three-game road trip February 24, 2018
- Rays open the spring 2-0 after split-squad sweep February 23, 2018
- UFC Fight Night Emmett vs Stephens February 23, 2018
- Pirates come to Port Charlotte to kick off exhibition baseball February 23, 2018
- Lightning, Domingue hold on for victory over Senators February 22, 2018
- Column: Drafting The Bucs 2018: LB February 22, 2018
- Dickerson heads to Pirates for RHP Hudson and prospect, Gray February 22, 2018
- REPORT: Carlos Gomez inks one-year deal with Rays February 21, 2018