Lefty was out of options following disappointing 2016.
After making the re-signing of 1B Logan Morrison official Tuesday, a spot on the 40-man roster needed to open up. The Rays solved that problem by trading LHP Enny Romero to the Washington Nationals for RHP prospect Jeffery Rosa, 21, and a native Dominican. In the Gulf Coast League last year he went 0-4 with a 4.91 ERA in 11 starts.
Romero, who just turned 26 last month, had a very disappointing season in 2016 and hasn’t been the consistent arm the Rays have expected despite being able to flirt with triple digits on the radar gun. Last season, Romero finished 2-0 with a 5.91 ERA in 52 games and finishes his Rays three-year career 2-2 with a 5.27 ERA in 76 games since making his debut in 2013.
- NJPW/ROH Honor Rising Results, Trent Baretta Injury Report, Are Impact Wrestlers Behind on Getting Paid and Tommy Dreamer in Lucha Undergound? February 25, 2018
- Bautista might find his way to Tampa February 25, 2018
- Lightning take shootout in Montreal, sweep three-game road trip February 24, 2018
- Rays open the spring 2-0 after split-squad sweep February 23, 2018
- UFC Fight Night Emmett vs Stephens February 23, 2018
- Pirates come to Port Charlotte to kick off exhibition baseball February 23, 2018
- Lightning, Domingue hold on for victory over Senators February 22, 2018
- Column: Drafting The Bucs 2018: LB February 22, 2018
- Dickerson heads to Pirates for RHP Hudson and prospect, Gray February 22, 2018
- REPORT: Carlos Gomez inks one-year deal with Rays February 21, 2018