Miami looking to move SS Hechavarria for pitching.
Adeiny Hechavarria could be on the move from Miami. The Marlins (34-40, 3rd place in NL East) are rumored to be looking for pitching prospects for Hechavarria, who’s been in their starting lineup since 2013.
— Joe Frisaro (@JoeFrisaro) June 26, 2017
The news comes a few days after the Rays heard good news on SS Matt Duffy, who was likely to return soon. The Rays have gotten solid production from SS Tim Beckham (10 HR, 31 RBI, .278) filling in for Duffy. His defense, however, has been in question most of the year. Rookie Daniel Robertson has also had time at short and played very well in the field while still trying to hit a stride at the plate.
Hechavarria, 28, is a six-year MLB veteran who began his career in Toronto in 2012. The native of Cuba, is a .255 career hitter. In 2017 he’s played in just 20 games for the Marlins due to an oblique injury. He’s been on the DL since April 9th and is currently on a rehab assignment. This season, he’s hitting .277/.288/.385 with a home run and six driven in.
The San Diego Padres are also reported to be in the mix for Hechavarria’s services. Marlins officials have said it’s more a move to free up financially than anything baseball-related. Trading Hechavarria would free up $4.35M for Miami.
Keep it right here for all the updates as they happen.
- Big title wins at Elimination Chamber February 18, 2019
- Vasy passes Bish after second straight shutout February 16, 2019
- Elimination Chamber Preview Report February 15, 2019
- Lightning pile on the goals in Valentine’s Day massacre of Stars February 14, 2019
- Pitchers and catchers officially kick off spring training in Port Charlotte February 13, 2019
- An Elimination Chamber replacement and a gauntlet match to perfection. February 13, 2019
- Potential Cup Final match-up once again goes Lightning’s way February 12, 2019
- Youth and post-season were key topics at today’s spring press conference February 12, 2019
- The Queen and Top Guys shine on sensational Raw broadcast. February 11, 2019
- Domingue sets franchise record with tenth straight victory February 10, 2019