Miami looking to move SS Hechavarria for pitching.
Adeiny Hechavarria could be on the move from Miami. The Marlins (34-40, 3rd place in NL East) are rumored to be looking for pitching prospects for Hechavarria, who’s been in their starting lineup since 2013.
— Joe Frisaro (@JoeFrisaro) June 26, 2017
The news comes a few days after the Rays heard good news on SS Matt Duffy, who was likely to return soon. The Rays have gotten solid production from SS Tim Beckham (10 HR, 31 RBI, .278) filling in for Duffy. His defense, however, has been in question most of the year. Rookie Daniel Robertson has also had time at short and played very well in the field while still trying to hit a stride at the plate.
Hechavarria, 28, is a six-year MLB veteran who began his career in Toronto in 2012. The native of Cuba, is a .255 career hitter. In 2017 he’s played in just 20 games for the Marlins due to an oblique injury. He’s been on the DL since April 9th and is currently on a rehab assignment. This season, he’s hitting .277/.288/.385 with a home run and six driven in.
The San Diego Padres are also reported to be in the mix for Hechavarria’s services. Marlins officials have said it’s more a move to free up financially than anything baseball-related. Trading Hechavarria would free up $4.35M for Miami.
Keep it right here for all the updates as they happen.
- Extreme Fallout Leads the Way Toward the Show of the Summer July 19, 2019
- Fallout from Extreme Rules continues on Smackdown Live July 17, 2019
- The Fiend make his long awaited debut in Long Island July 15, 2019
- Extreme title changes at Extreme rules July 15, 2019
- Evolve Towards Extreme Rules This Weekend July 12, 2019
- Rays control their post-season destiny as second half begins Friday July 10, 2019
- Kevin Owens pipe bombs right before Extreme Rules July 10, 2019
- Ricochet runs the gauntlet before U.S. Title Match this Sunday July 8, 2019
- Changes Already Being Felt As New Creative Powers Take Over July 6, 2019
- A heel turns in to face, kind of tonight July 3, 2019