Miami looking to move SS Hechavarria for pitching.
Adeiny Hechavarria could be on the move from Miami. The Marlins (34-40, 3rd place in NL East) are rumored to be looking for pitching prospects for Hechavarria, who’s been in their starting lineup since 2013.
— Joe Frisaro (@JoeFrisaro) June 26, 2017
The news comes a few days after the Rays heard good news on SS Matt Duffy, who was likely to return soon. The Rays have gotten solid production from SS Tim Beckham (10 HR, 31 RBI, .278) filling in for Duffy. His defense, however, has been in question most of the year. Rookie Daniel Robertson has also had time at short and played very well in the field while still trying to hit a stride at the plate.
Hechavarria, 28, is a six-year MLB veteran who began his career in Toronto in 2012. The native of Cuba, is a .255 career hitter. In 2017 he’s played in just 20 games for the Marlins due to an oblique injury. He’s been on the DL since April 9th and is currently on a rehab assignment. This season, he’s hitting .277/.288/.385 with a home run and six driven in.
The San Diego Padres are also reported to be in the mix for Hechavarria’s services. Marlins officials have said it’s more a move to free up financially than anything baseball-related. Trading Hechavarria would free up $4.35M for Miami.
Keep it right here for all the updates as they happen.
- The “next man up” might not be such a bad thing for Bucs June 22, 2018
- Goodbyes Are the Theme of Money in the Bank Fallout June 22, 2018
- Hedman wins first Norris Trophy June 20, 2018
- Wendle has been a pleasant surprise among Rays rookies June 20, 2018
- What looms for WWE overseas? June 20, 2018
- Smackdown Live gauntlet match decides WWE Championship challenger June 19, 2018
- BREAKING: WWE releases Big Cass June 19, 2018
- Kurt Angle losses control of Raw. So does Ronda Rousey. The follow up show for MITB. June 19, 2018
- Kiermaier makes his return in Houston in time to finish off road trip June 18, 2018
- Chicago bears witness to opportunities seized at Money In The Bank. June 17, 2018