Miami looking to move SS Hechavarria for pitching.
Adeiny Hechavarria could be on the move from Miami. The Marlins (34-40, 3rd place in NL East) are rumored to be looking for pitching prospects for Hechavarria, who’s been in their starting lineup since 2013.
— Joe Frisaro (@JoeFrisaro) June 26, 2017
The news comes a few days after the Rays heard good news on SS Matt Duffy, who was likely to return soon. The Rays have gotten solid production from SS Tim Beckham (10 HR, 31 RBI, .278) filling in for Duffy. His defense, however, has been in question most of the year. Rookie Daniel Robertson has also had time at short and played very well in the field while still trying to hit a stride at the plate.
Hechavarria, 28, is a six-year MLB veteran who began his career in Toronto in 2012. The native of Cuba, is a .255 career hitter. In 2017 he’s played in just 20 games for the Marlins due to an oblique injury. He’s been on the DL since April 9th and is currently on a rehab assignment. This season, he’s hitting .277/.288/.385 with a home run and six driven in.
The San Diego Padres are also reported to be in the mix for Hechavarria’s services. Marlins officials have said it’s more a move to free up financially than anything baseball-related. Trading Hechavarria would free up $4.35M for Miami.
Keep it right here for all the updates as they happen.
- Hearts break for “Big Dog” as diagnosis leads to relinquished title. October 23, 2018
- Say Hello, Waive Goodbye: Week 8 October 23, 2018
- Roman Reigns Diagnosed With Leukemia, Takes Leave Of Absence October 22, 2018
- Bolts pick up first road win of the season in record-breaking affair October 21, 2018
- The Buccaneers defense comes up big in a win against the Browns October 21, 2018
- Bolts struggles continue in Minnesota, fall to Wild in OT October 20, 2018
- Amidst International Controversy and Gruesome Injuries the Show Must Go On October 19, 2018
- Stamkos’s first goal, Vasilevskiy’s goaltending lift Lightning over Red Wings October 18, 2018
- Bank On or Bench: Week 7 October 17, 2018
- 19 years in the making. This is Smackdown’s 1000th episode October 17, 2018