Freak play forces Rays shortstop from game against Braves.
Rays shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria exited Tuesday’s game in the eighth inning after a freak incident involving a speaker attached to the roof of Tropicana Field. His eye was noticeably red and swollen after the game.
Replaced by Brad Miller in the lineup, skipper Kevin Cash called it an “eye contusion” and said he will be monitored on Wednesday morning.
Cash explains the play
Likely to miss one game
Cash did not rule out the possibility of having his shortstop back in the lineup on Wednesday, however with an off-day set for Thursday, it’s likely he may take tomorrow off.
- Disappointing ending should mean fine-tuning, not major changes for Bolts May 26, 2018
- Rays send Colome, Span to Mariners May 25, 2018
- Despite the Rays’ record, Snell finding success at home May 24, 2018
- Holtby’s second straight shutout ends Lightning’s season in Game 7 May 24, 2018
- Price outduels Archer as Rays drop second straight to Sox May 23, 2018
- Nakamura reveals Money in the Bank match stipulation May 22, 2018
- Ronda Rousey and Nia Jax contract signing. Women’s MITB qualifing match. A Demon vs a Monster May 22, 2018
- Holtby and the Capitals shutout Lightning to force Game 7 May 21, 2018
- Have the Rays turned a corner at the right time? May 21, 2018
- Unlikely contributors have Lightning on brink of Stanley Cup Finals May 20, 2018