Freak play forces Rays shortstop from game against Braves.
Rays shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria exited Tuesday’s game in the eighth inning after a freak incident involving a speaker attached to the roof of Tropicana Field. His eye was noticeably red and swollen after the game.
Replaced by Brad Miller in the lineup, skipper Kevin Cash called it an “eye contusion” and said he will be monitored on Wednesday morning.
Cash explains the play
Likely to miss one game
Cash did not rule out the possibility of having his shortstop back in the lineup on Wednesday, however with an off-day set for Thursday, it’s likely he may take tomorrow off.
- Hearts break for “Big Dog” as diagnosis leads to relinquished title. October 23, 2018
- Say Hello, Waive Goodbye: Week 8 October 23, 2018
- Roman Reigns Diagnosed With Leukemia, Takes Leave Of Absence October 22, 2018
- Bolts pick up first road win of the season in record-breaking affair October 21, 2018
- The Buccaneers defense comes up big in a win against the Browns October 21, 2018
- Bolts struggles continue in Minnesota, fall to Wild in OT October 20, 2018
- Amidst International Controversy and Gruesome Injuries the Show Must Go On October 19, 2018
- Stamkos’s first goal, Vasilevskiy’s goaltending lift Lightning over Red Wings October 18, 2018
- Bank On or Bench: Week 7 October 17, 2018
- 19 years in the making. This is Smackdown’s 1000th episode October 17, 2018