Freak play forces Rays shortstop from game against Braves.
Rays shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria exited Tuesday’s game in the eighth inning after a freak incident involving a speaker attached to the roof of Tropicana Field. His eye was noticeably red and swollen after the game.
Replaced by Brad Miller in the lineup, skipper Kevin Cash called it an “eye contusion” and said he will be monitored on Wednesday morning.
Cash explains the play
Likely to miss one game
Cash did not rule out the possibility of having his shortstop back in the lineup on Wednesday, however with an off-day set for Thursday, it’s likely he may take tomorrow off.
- An epic 2 out of 3 match before the Royal Rumble January 22, 2019
- A major upset in the main event ends champion’s undefeated streak. January 21, 2019
- Bucs & Panthers set for 2019 clash in London January 21, 2019
- Should the Buccaneers go after Kareem Hunt? January 20, 2019
- Bolts get a Western Conference win, beat Sharks at Amalie January 19, 2019
- Five Keys: Offense January 19, 2019
- Major Changes To The Royal Rumble Card January 18, 2019
- Back-and-forth game goes Maple Leafs way January 17, 2019
- Vasilevskiy’s efforts dim Stars, lift Lightning to victory January 16, 2019
- An epic lucha showdown on Smackdown Live January 15, 2019