Freak play forces Rays shortstop from game against Braves.
Rays shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria exited Tuesday’s game in the eighth inning after a freak incident involving a speaker attached to the roof of Tropicana Field. His eye was noticeably red and swollen after the game.
Replaced by Brad Miller in the lineup, skipper Kevin Cash called it an “eye contusion” and said he will be monitored on Wednesday morning.
Cash explains the play
Likely to miss one game
Cash did not rule out the possibility of having his shortstop back in the lineup on Wednesday, however with an off-day set for Thursday, it’s likely he may take tomorrow off.
- It’s Time to Climb a Ladder and Predict What’s in the Briefcase May 17, 2019
- Rays address catching needs, acquire Kratz from Giants May 16, 2019
- Last show before WWE’s MITB May 14, 2019
- It’s the Final Monday Before Money in the Bank! May 13, 2019
- Rays hold onto first thanks to Diaz’s big night v Yankees May 11, 2019
- Rays bend the knee to the Yankees, lose series opener 4-3 May 10, 2019
- Slowly Climbing the Ladder Toward Money in the Bank May 10, 2019
- Rays can’t complete the sweep, lose in extras May 8, 2019
- New Smackdown Live tag team champions crowned May 7, 2019
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers may be missing top pass rusher for 2019 season May 7, 2019