Freak play forces Rays shortstop from game against Braves.
Rays shortstop Adeiny Hechavarria exited Tuesday’s game in the eighth inning after a freak incident involving a speaker attached to the roof of Tropicana Field. His eye was noticeably red and swollen after the game.
Replaced by Brad Miller in the lineup, skipper Kevin Cash called it an “eye contusion” and said he will be monitored on Wednesday morning.
Cash explains the play
Likely to miss one game
Cash did not rule out the possibility of having his shortstop back in the lineup on Wednesday, however with an off-day set for Thursday, it’s likely he may take tomorrow off.
- NXT Takes Over Brooklyn Again! August 18, 2018
- The Scrum Sports: Unfiltered 8-17-18 August 17, 2018
- The Biggest Weekend of the WWE Summer Has Arrived! August 17, 2018
- Don’t Shirk Draft Strategy August 15, 2018
- Smackdown Live creates an epic cliffhanger before SummerSlam August 14, 2018
- Rays and Pirates complete Archer deal with top pitching prospect, Baz August 14, 2018
- Huge return on Raw complicates Ziggler’s SummerSlam plans! Historic night on the commentary table. August 14, 2018
- R.I.P. Jim “the Anvil” Neidhart August 13, 2018
- The Scrum Sports: UNFILTERED 8/10/18 August 10, 2018
- The road ahead could determine the season for the Rays August 10, 2018