The Tampa Bay Rays released the promotional schedule for the 2018 season with many tied to the team’s 20th anniversary celebration throughout the 2018 season.
The Rays will be heavy on the nostalgia when it comes to promotions for the 2018 season at Tropicana Field.
All fans (while supplies last) will receive a Rays Schedule Magnet and a 20th Anniversary Cowbell on Opening Day, Thursday, March 29 vs. the Red Sox.Other throwback items include seat cushions, photo viewers and reversible jerseys that pay homage to their former Devil Rays moniker. Former fan favorites Carl Crawford, Fred McGriff and Tino Martinez, Aki Iwamura, Wade Boggs and Dan Johnson will all be honored with their own bobblehead night over the course of the season as well.
Other highlights of this year’s promotional giveaways include tropical shirt night, Star Wars night with Kevin Kiermaier Pop figurines and Boogie Board night. All promotional giveaways, with the exception of Opening Night, will be on weekends this season.
Sundays will once again be Family Fun Days, courtesy of Tampa General Hospital. Every Sunday home game will feature free parking for cars with four or more passengers and a variety of postgame activities for kids, including Kids Run the Bases and a DJ Kitty Dance Party featuring mascots and entertainers. For the fifth consecutive season, concourse activities will be complimentary for kids 14 years and under. Activities include Power Alley Batting Cage, Speed Pitch, Virtual Reality Homerun Derby, Raymond’s Treehouse, Topps Make Your Own Baseball Card and the Grand Slam Alley, courtesy of GameTime. Extra entertainers will also perform on Sundays, including face painters, stilt walkers, jugglers and balloon artists. In addition, every Sunday home game, two Rays players will sign autographs for kids 14 years and under along the right field stands from 12:00-12:30 p.m.
Rays Flex Packs are currently available for purchase. Flex Packs include five lower level tickets for $98 per pack, a Rays 20th Anniversary Pint Glass Set, presented by DEX Imaging (while supplies last), and the opportunity to redeem tickets next week prior to single-game tickets going on sale to the public. For more information, visit raysbaseball.com/flex or call 888-FAN-RAYS.
The full 2018 Promotions Calendar is here! Which item are you most looking forward to? #RaysUp
— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) February 8, 2018
Saturday promotional giveaways (available to all fans):
- 3/31: 1998 Replica Seat Cushion
- 4/14: Carl Crawford Bobblehead
- 4/21: Car Sun Shade
- 5/5: Tropical Shirt
- 5/26: Kevin Kiermaier STAR WARS Pop Vinyl
- 6/9: Fred McGriff & Tino Martinez Bobblehead
- 6/23: Rays/Devil Rays Reversible Jersey
- 6/30: Hugging Steven Souza Jr. Doll
- 7/21: DJ Kitty Head
- 8/4: Akinori Iwamura Bobblehead
- 8/25: Wade Boggs Bobblehead
- 9/8: 20th Anniversary Photo Viewer
- 9/15: Tote Bag
- 9/29: Dan Johnson Bobblehead
Sunday promotional giveaways (only available for children 14 and under):
- 4/1: Commemorative Baseball
- 4/15: Steven Souza Jr. Wristband
- 4/22: Mascot Socks
- 5/6: Baseball Toss Game
- 5/27: Raymond Children’s Book
- 6/10: Boogie Board
- 6/24: Chris Archer Hat
- 7/1: Rays Up Cape
- 7/22: Beach Tank Top
- 8/5: Kevin Kiermaier Lunch Box
- 8/26: DJ Kitty Slippers
- 9/9: Snack N’ Drink Cup
- 9/16: Toy Truck
- 9/30: PopSockets
- Owens and Zayn plan to steal WWE Championship at Fastlane February 20, 2018
- Point and Kucherov dazzle as Lightning hold off Capitals in DC February 20, 2018
- Rays send Souza Jr. to D-Backs in three-way trade February 20, 2018
- Buccaneers release Doug Martin February 20, 2018
- Elimination Chamber preview. Gauntlet match! Mr Monday Night! February 20, 2018
- Despite the mood, first full squad workouts were a success February 19, 2018
- Rays acquire Cron, trade Odo, and DFA Dickerson on busy Saturday night. February 18, 2018
- Shots on shots, but Bolts drop a tough one to Jersey. February 17, 2018
- Should Dolph Ziggler Have Gone Back to WWE? February 16, 2018
- Stamkos, Kucherov and Hedman lead Bolts in 11th straight win against Detroit February 15, 2018