“Player to be named later” winds up being Pittsburgh’s #4 prospect.
The rich seemed to get richer on Tuesday as the Rays added to their already highly-touted farm system with a highly-touted righty. RHP Shane Baz (pronounced BOZ) completes the trade between the Rays and Pirates that sent RHP Chris Archer to Pittsburgh. The trade also included two names who were once top prospects in the Pirate’s farm system in OF Austin Meadows and RHP Tyler Glasnow.
We’ve acquired minor league RH Shane Baz from Pittsburgh as the player to be named later to complete the Chris Archer trade. pic.twitter.com/clQQhXGDNg
— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) August 14, 2018
Baz, 19, was selected 12th overall in the 2017 draft.
For rookie-level Bristol this season, he was 4-3 with a 3.97 ERA in 10 starts. He also struck out 54 hitters in 45.1 innings. Baz is also ranked by MLB.com as the 95th overall prospect in MiLB.
- Samoa Joe makes a chilling visit to the Styles residence on Smackdown Live September 25, 2018
- Lightning unable to hold third period lead in loss to Panthers September 25, 2018
- Fitzpatrick Falls Back to Earth as Steelers Beat Bucs September 24, 2018
- Potential cracks in the Shield lead to compelling main event on Raw. September 24, 2018
- Home stand will close out 2018 for the Rays September 24, 2018
- Say Hello, Waive Goodbye: Week 4 September 24, 2018
- Lightning cut roster by 25 heading into preseason’s final week September 23, 2018
- Shake Ups to the Weekly Schedule and Another New Special Event Are the Highlights this Week September 21, 2018
- Rays make final call-ups as playoff push gets tighter September 20, 2018
- Top 8 televised singles champions of 2018 September 19, 2018