“Player to be named later” winds up being Pittsburgh’s #4 prospect.
The rich seemed to get richer on Tuesday as the Rays added to their already highly-touted farm system with a highly-touted righty. RHP Shane Baz (pronounced BOZ) completes the trade between the Rays and Pirates that sent RHP Chris Archer to Pittsburgh. The trade also included two names who were once top prospects in the Pirate’s farm system in OF Austin Meadows and RHP Tyler Glasnow.
We’ve acquired minor league RH Shane Baz from Pittsburgh as the player to be named later to complete the Chris Archer trade. pic.twitter.com/clQQhXGDNg
— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) August 14, 2018
Baz, 19, was selected 12th overall in the 2017 draft.
For rookie-level Bristol this season, he was 4-3 with a 3.97 ERA in 10 starts. He also struck out 54 hitters in 45.1 innings. Baz is also ranked by MLB.com as the 95th overall prospect in MiLB.
- Big title wins at Elimination Chamber February 18, 2019
- Vasy passes Bish after second straight shutout February 16, 2019
- Elimination Chamber Preview Report February 15, 2019
- Lightning pile on the goals in Valentine’s Day massacre of Stars February 14, 2019
- Pitchers and catchers officially kick off spring training in Port Charlotte February 13, 2019
- An Elimination Chamber replacement and a gauntlet match to perfection. February 13, 2019
- Potential Cup Final match-up once again goes Lightning’s way February 12, 2019
- Youth and post-season were key topics at today’s spring press conference February 12, 2019
- The Queen and Top Guys shine on sensational Raw broadcast. February 11, 2019
- Domingue sets franchise record with tenth straight victory February 10, 2019