“Player to be named later” winds up being Pittsburgh’s #4 prospect.
The rich seemed to get richer on Tuesday as the Rays added to their already highly-touted farm system with a highly-touted righty. RHP Shane Baz (pronounced BOZ) completes the trade between the Rays and Pirates that sent RHP Chris Archer to Pittsburgh. The trade also included two names who were once top prospects in the Pirate’s farm system in OF Austin Meadows and RHP Tyler Glasnow.
We’ve acquired minor league RH Shane Baz from Pittsburgh as the player to be named later to complete the Chris Archer trade. pic.twitter.com/clQQhXGDNg
— Tampa Bay Rays (@RaysBaseball) August 14, 2018
Baz, 19, was selected 12th overall in the 2017 draft.
For rookie-level Bristol this season, he was 4-3 with a 3.97 ERA in 10 starts. He also struck out 54 hitters in 45.1 innings. Baz is also ranked by MLB.com as the 95th overall prospect in MiLB.
- Extreme Fallout Leads the Way Toward the Show of the Summer July 19, 2019
- Fallout from Extreme Rules continues on Smackdown Live July 17, 2019
- The Fiend make his long awaited debut in Long Island July 15, 2019
- Extreme title changes at Extreme rules July 15, 2019
- Evolve Towards Extreme Rules This Weekend July 12, 2019
- Rays control their post-season destiny as second half begins Friday July 10, 2019
- Kevin Owens pipe bombs right before Extreme Rules July 10, 2019
- Ricochet runs the gauntlet before U.S. Title Match this Sunday July 8, 2019
- Changes Already Being Felt As New Creative Powers Take Over July 6, 2019
- A heel turns in to face, kind of tonight July 3, 2019