On Saturday, the Rays made their signing of OF Carlos Gomez official.
As reported a couple weeks back, the always outspoken and sometimes controversial two-time all star looks to finally get some work in with his new team sooner than later. The deal is a one-year contract at $4M for 2018 with $500,000 in incentives and a $500,000 trade bonus.
Gómez, 32, hit .255/.340/.462 (94-for-368) with 23 doubles, 17 home runs, 51 RBI and 13 stolen bases in 105 games for the Texas Rangers last season. Since the start of the 2013 season, no other player in the majors can match his combination of 89 home runs and 122 stolen bases.
To make room on the 40-man…
INF Ryan Schimpf was designated for assignment. The 29-year old acquired from the Padres back in December had been a part of a crowded competition for an infield spot on the MLB roster this spring. In five grapefruit league games, he didn’t have a hit in 14 at-bats while seeing time at second, third, and the outfield.
Starters working their way back
Three key pieces to the Opening Day roster could be back in the lineup early this week. 3B Matt Duffy (back), SS Adeiny Hechavarria (hamstring), and 1B Brad Miller (toe) are likely to be back for Tuesday’s game against the Red Sox in Port Charlotte.
- Tables and Ladders and Chairs and WWE Week on USA! December 14, 2018
- Quick-strike scoring rolls Maple Leafs in Vasilevskiy’s return December 13, 2018
- Rays send Bauers to Indians for Diaz and Sulser December 13, 2018
- Rays to sign former Astro, Charlie Morton December 13, 2018
- The Derrick Henry Dilemma: Fantasy Football’s Current Conundrum December 13, 2018
- The final stop for WWE’s TLC PPV December 11, 2018
- Stamkos’s night of milestones drives Lightning to 7th straight victory December 10, 2018
- Intercontinental Title TLC Match Headlines Raw December 10, 2018
- Crashing The Net: Lightning’s current winning streak built on offense and timely saves December 9, 2018
- It’s A Mixed Bag of Notes From All Of WWE This Week December 7, 2018