Rays and Yankees meet for their third series this season. Tampa Bay welcomes Michael Martinez to Tropicana Field
After a successful (4-2) road-trip that saw the club take 2-of-3 from both Boston and Cleveland, Tampa Bay returns home (21-22) with a chance to match the New York Yankees (24-14) in wins.
Despite being just three games behind in the win column, the Rays are 5.5 GB of New York in the standings. No major league club has played more games (43) than Tampa Bay.
Ramos Takes First BP
Wilson Ramos took on-field BP today for the first time since joining the Rays. Manager Kevin Cash was excited about getting to watch. It was “very impressive,” he said.
“He’s just hitting the ball really hard and a really long way. He was hitting balls where you don’t see many balls go.”
Martinez Joins New Team
Playing for his fifth team over the last five seasons, Michael Martinez took the field with his new teammates today.
— The Scrum Sports (@TheScrumSports) May 19, 2017
SS Matt Duffy (heel) took ground balls and BP today. Of his rehab, “Not a major concern,” Cash said. It is unknown when he will play in another rehab game.
RHP Tommy Hunter (calf) is scheduled to throw off the mound before tomorrow’s afternoon game.
RHP Shawn Tolleson (elbow) underwent Tommy John surgery on Wednesday and will miss the entire 2017 season. Cash said that to the best of his knowledge, his “lengthy rehab” would be in Dallas.
- REPORT: Carlos Gomez inks one-year deal with Rays February 21, 2018
- Owens and Zayn plan to steal WWE Championship at Fastlane February 20, 2018
- Point and Kucherov dazzle as Lightning hold off Capitals in DC February 20, 2018
- Rays send Souza Jr. to D-Backs in three-way trade February 20, 2018
- Buccaneers release Doug Martin February 20, 2018
- Elimination Chamber preview. Gauntlet match! Mr Monday Night! February 20, 2018
- Despite the mood, first full squad workouts were a success February 19, 2018
- Rays acquire Cron, trade Odo, and DFA Dickerson on busy Saturday night. February 18, 2018
- Shots on shots, but Bolts drop a tough one to Jersey. February 17, 2018
- Should Dolph Ziggler Have Gone Back to WWE? February 16, 2018