The 24-year old lefty winds up a first-time All Star replacing the Indian’s Corey Kluber.
Snell joins catcher Wilson Ramos and manager Kevin Cash in the American League dugout. It’s also the ninth straight year the Rays have sent a pitcher to the Midsummer Classic. It will also be the second time in team history a Rays pitcher and catcher will be on the same all star roster. Back in 2008, Scott Kazmir and Dioner Navarro were the only other time. Kazmir wound up getting the win for the AL in the 15th inning of that year’s game.
Among the best
Despite last night’s season-low three innings of work, Snell leads the AL in starts (20), tied for 2nd in wins (12), 3rd in ERA (2.27), 8th in strikeouts (134), and 4th in opp avg (.189).
- Hearts break for “Big Dog” as diagnosis leads to relinquished title. October 23, 2018
- Say Hello, Waive Goodbye: Week 8 October 23, 2018
- Roman Reigns Diagnosed With Leukemia, Takes Leave Of Absence October 22, 2018
- Bolts pick up first road win of the season in record-breaking affair October 21, 2018
- The Buccaneers defense comes up big in a win against the Browns October 21, 2018
- Bolts struggles continue in Minnesota, fall to Wild in OT October 20, 2018
- Amidst International Controversy and Gruesome Injuries the Show Must Go On October 19, 2018
- Stamkos’s first goal, Vasilevskiy’s goaltending lift Lightning over Red Wings October 18, 2018
- Bank On or Bench: Week 7 October 17, 2018
- 19 years in the making. This is Smackdown’s 1000th episode October 17, 2018