The 24-year old lefty winds up a first-time All Star replacing the Indian’s Corey Kluber.
Snell joins catcher Wilson Ramos and manager Kevin Cash in the American League dugout. It’s also the ninth straight year the Rays have sent a pitcher to the Midsummer Classic. It will also be the second time in team history a Rays pitcher and catcher will be on the same all star roster. Back in 2008, Scott Kazmir and Dioner Navarro were the only other time. Kazmir wound up getting the win for the AL in the 15th inning of that year’s game.
Among the best
Despite last night’s season-low three innings of work, Snell leads the AL in starts (20), tied for 2nd in wins (12), 3rd in ERA (2.27), 8th in strikeouts (134), and 4th in opp avg (.189).
- It’s Time to Climb a Ladder and Predict What’s in the Briefcase May 17, 2019
- Rays address catching needs, acquire Kratz from Giants May 16, 2019
- Last show before WWE’s MITB May 14, 2019
- It’s the Final Monday Before Money in the Bank! May 13, 2019
- Rays hold onto first thanks to Diaz’s big night v Yankees May 11, 2019
- Rays bend the knee to the Yankees, lose series opener 4-3 May 10, 2019
- Slowly Climbing the Ladder Toward Money in the Bank May 10, 2019
- Rays can’t complete the sweep, lose in extras May 8, 2019
- New Smackdown Live tag team champions crowned May 7, 2019
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers may be missing top pass rusher for 2019 season May 7, 2019