The 24-year old lefty winds up a first-time All Star replacing the Indian’s Corey Kluber.
Snell joins catcher Wilson Ramos and manager Kevin Cash in the American League dugout. It’s also the ninth straight year the Rays have sent a pitcher to the Midsummer Classic. It will also be the second time in team history a Rays pitcher and catcher will be on the same all star roster. Back in 2008, Scott Kazmir and Dioner Navarro were the only other time. Kazmir wound up getting the win for the AL in the 15th inning of that year’s game.
Among the best
Despite last night’s season-low three innings of work, Snell leads the AL in starts (20), tied for 2nd in wins (12), 3rd in ERA (2.27), 8th in strikeouts (134), and 4th in opp avg (.189).
- An epic 2 out of 3 match before the Royal Rumble January 22, 2019
- A major upset in the main event ends champion’s undefeated streak. January 21, 2019
- Bucs & Panthers set for 2019 clash in London January 21, 2019
- Should the Buccaneers go after Kareem Hunt? January 20, 2019
- Bolts get a Western Conference win, beat Sharks at Amalie January 19, 2019
- Five Keys: Offense January 19, 2019
- Major Changes To The Royal Rumble Card January 18, 2019
- Back-and-forth game goes Maple Leafs way January 17, 2019
- Vasilevskiy’s efforts dim Stars, lift Lightning to victory January 16, 2019
- An epic lucha showdown on Smackdown Live January 15, 2019