Royals catcher Salvador Perez is impressed with the Rays ball boy on Thursday afternoon.
The Tampa Bay Rays and Kansas City Royals faced each other on Thursday. However, one of the most exciting plays of the day took place along the third-base line.
Leading off the top-of-the second, Salvador Perez dug in for his first at bat against Rays starter Jake Odorizzi. The end result was an Odorizzi strikeout. However, it was an early play that got the attention of the fans, and Sal Perez.
Do they give Gold Glove awards to ball boys?
Perez Applauds Ball Boy
— MLB (@MLB) May 11, 2017
Ball Boy Expectations
Fans expect ball boys to make some incredible plays down-the-line. Often, plays that only professional ball players make. However, given that they are on the same field it’s easy for fans to criticize.
Here’s a look at a few tremendous plays from a few other young ball-hawkers. The Red Sox ball girl in 2014, or even the A’s ball boy in 2016…these kids can play.
One thing is for sure, Salvador Perez isn’t the only one thinking that this is impressive. This young fella should be applauded with the best of them. Here’s to you, kid!
- NJPW/ROH Honor Rising Results, Trent Baretta Injury Report, Are Impact Wrestlers Behind on Getting Paid and Tommy Dreamer in Lucha Undergound? February 25, 2018
- Bautista might find his way to Tampa February 25, 2018
- Lightning take shootout in Montreal, sweep three-game road trip February 24, 2018
- Rays open the spring 2-0 after split-squad sweep February 23, 2018
- UFC Fight Night Emmett vs Stephens February 23, 2018
- Pirates come to Port Charlotte to kick off exhibition baseball February 23, 2018
- Lightning, Domingue hold on for victory over Senators February 22, 2018
- Column: Drafting The Bucs 2018: LB February 22, 2018
- Dickerson heads to Pirates for RHP Hudson and prospect, Gray February 22, 2018
- REPORT: Carlos Gomez inks one-year deal with Rays February 21, 2018