After a long-awaited week one, teams showed their improvements and regressions following the 2016 season.
In last weeks rankings, I had the reigning Superbowl champion Patriots at the top of the herd. After their Thursday night loss to Kansas City that’s changed, alongside a whole flip flop of my entire list, check out who takes the top spot in week two.
32. New York Jets (0-1, Last Week: 25)
— New York Jets (@nyjets) September 10, 2017
The Jets have very few high points on their roster. Josh McCown isn’t going to do it for the team, soon enough we should see either Bryce Petty or Christian Petty in the near future.
31. Indianapolis Colts (0-1, Last Week: 13)
This team had the biggest drop from last week. The Colts suffered a beating in Los Angeles against the Rams. Andrew Luck is the difference in this case, although the defense had a horrendous start to the 2017 season.
30. Los Angeles Chargers (0-1, Last Week: 29)
Prior to their fourth quarter come-back, the Chargers looked awful. The key to their future success will be what Melvin Gordon can do, along with how star Joey Bosa sets the tone for the rest of the season.
29. Chicago Bears (0-1, Last Week: 31)
Chicago were less than ten yards away from taking down the NFC Champion Falcons, failing to score a touchdown with five seconds remaining. They suppressed the most high-powered offense during that affair, plus Mike Glennon didn’t look too awful while rookie Tarik Cohen was on the field.
28. Cincinnati Bengals (0-1, Last Week: 20)
Andy Dalton disappointed in the teams week one scoreless disaster. The Bengals have the talent to win games, I think they can easily bounce back from their kickoff game woes, but they must act immediately.
27. Cleveland Browns (0-1, Last Week: 28)
— Cleveland Browns (@Browns) September 10, 2017
Deshone Kizer took a step forward in his path to winning me over. Although they didn’t beat the powerhouse Steelers, the Browns don’t look like the old one-win team we all have come to know.
26. New Orleans Saints (0-1, Last Week: 23)
Representing the worst pass defense in the entire league, the Saints do not impress me in many areas. They settled for a field goal once they got inside the 15-yard line four times, Brees and company must find a way to punch it into the end zone.
25. Houston Texans (0-1, Last Week: 12)
Another game, another game we see two quarterbacks play for the Texans. After Tom Savage failed to score in the first half, Deshaun Watson came in and didn’t produce either. Their week two Thursday night game will be started by Deshaun Watson.
24. San Francisco 49ers (0-1, Last Week: 32)
Not much good to say except they did better than I expected. The 49ers have a long way to go, but Kyle Shanahan is a one-of-a-kind guy who is going to switch this franchise up.
23. Washington Redskins (0-1), Last Week: 24)
The Redskins are destined for mediocrity if they keep the same formula they have been using the past few seasons. Their loss to Philadelphia shows that, they aren’t built to win double-digit games. I expect to see changes in their gameplan going into their game against the Rams.
22. Buffalo Bills (1-0, Last Week: 27)
Tyrod Taylor led the Bills to a week one win over the Jets. The offensive live and LeSean McCoy looked stellar, along with a good outing by their defense.
21. Arizona Cardinals (0-1, Last Week: 11)
What an awful way to begin the 2017 season, especially after a disappointment in 2016. The defense was torn apart by Matthew Stafford and the Lions offense, especially in the fourth quarter. They also lost star runningback David Johnson for at least a few months due to injury.
- Which side came out on top in Survivor Series? November 18, 2018
- Crashing The Net: Lightning moving forward after roller coaster of a week November 18, 2018
- NXT Wargames Takes Over the City of Angels November 17, 2018
- Lightning blow lead, escape with two points in Philadelphia track meet November 17, 2018
- Wargames Will Rage and Brands Will Battle to Survive November 16, 2018
- Brayden Point hat trick propels Lightning over the Penguins November 15, 2018
- Dion Lewis: Undervalued Fantasy Football Asset November 15, 2018
- Blake Snell wins the AL Cy Young Award November 14, 2018
- Once captains are no longer. New leaders in charge for Survivor Series. Title match surprise! November 13, 2018
- Kucherov, Lightning stymied by Hutton in road loss to Sabres November 13, 2018