Tom Brady had a day in Foxborough, throwing for 384 yards and three touchdowns, as the Patriots head to the Super Bowl for the ninth time.
It started early, when Brady found stand-out WR Chris Hogan for a 16-yard touchdown in the first quarter, putting New England up 10-0.
Hogan kept himself in the mix when Brady found him on the flea-flicker, mid-second quarter.
What a play by the Pats! https://t.co/gSguifdEpS
— The Sports Quotient (@SportsQuotient) January 23, 2017
He ended the game with 180 yards, two touchdowns on nine receptions.
After the half, the Patriots’ defense came out and shut down Big Ben and the Steelers’ offense. The early injury to Pittsburgh RB Le’Veon Bell was a huge blow to the explosiveness of their offense and it showed all day.
The Patriots scored 19 unanswered points to start the second half, solitifying their Super Bowl run.
New England had continous offensive success, as the Steelers had a hard time running the ball all game, and that was the story of the entire game.
Ben Roethisberger played an acceptional game, having a few passes dropped and virtually no running game. He threw 314 yards, one touchdown and one interception late in the game.
The Steelers’ nine-game winning streak ended, and New England will fly to Houston in two weeks to face the Falcons in Super Bowl VI.
- REPORT: Carlos Gomez inks one-year deal with Rays February 21, 2018
- Owens and Zayn plan to steal WWE Championship at Fastlane February 20, 2018
- Point and Kucherov dazzle as Lightning hold off Capitals in DC February 20, 2018
- Rays send Souza Jr. to D-Backs in three-way trade February 20, 2018
- Buccaneers release Doug Martin February 20, 2018
- Elimination Chamber preview. Gauntlet match! Mr Monday Night! February 20, 2018
- Despite the mood, first full squad workouts were a success February 19, 2018
- Rays acquire Cron, trade Odo, and DFA Dickerson on busy Saturday night. February 18, 2018
- Shots on shots, but Bolts drop a tough one to Jersey. February 17, 2018
- Should Dolph Ziggler Have Gone Back to WWE? February 16, 2018