Sonny Gray and Yu Darvish dominate the headlines today. But you’ll never believe what Brandon Kintzler was doing when he got the news that he had been traded.
Major League Baseball’s trade deadline is without question the most exciting of the major sports. For some, it’s a holiday, for others – the busiest day of the year.
As trade rumors increased, hours were spent analyzing no-trade clauses and various other contract details of potential targets. Hours of research and evaluation put in with one goal in mind.
Reach the postseason!
— MLB Network (@MLBNetwork) July 31, 2017
Here’s a look at the deadline deals and how they impact the divisional landscape – starting with the National League East.
Two big moves in DC.
— Cut4 (@Cut4) July 31, 2017
Kintzler provides the Nationals with much needed help in the bullpen. Their offense leads the NL in almost every statistical category, including home runs, RBI, batting average, and OPS.
Eight different guys have recorded a save for the Nationals this season. That list includes the recently-acquired (OAK) Sean Doolittle. However, nobody on the team has more than eight saves.
- REPORT: Carlos Gomez inks one-year deal with Rays February 21, 2018
- Owens and Zayn plan to steal WWE Championship at Fastlane February 20, 2018
- Point and Kucherov dazzle as Lightning hold off Capitals in DC February 20, 2018
- Rays send Souza Jr. to D-Backs in three-way trade February 20, 2018
- Buccaneers release Doug Martin February 20, 2018
- Elimination Chamber preview. Gauntlet match! Mr Monday Night! February 20, 2018
- Despite the mood, first full squad workouts were a success February 19, 2018
- Rays acquire Cron, trade Odo, and DFA Dickerson on busy Saturday night. February 18, 2018
- Shots on shots, but Bolts drop a tough one to Jersey. February 17, 2018
- Should Dolph Ziggler Have Gone Back to WWE? February 16, 2018