The Tampa Bay Lightning’s bye week began with an injury to one of their biggest stars. Now it looks like winger JT Brown is on the move as well.
Per a tweet from Elliotte Friedman of Sportsnet in Canada, the Lightning will place Brown on waivers some time today. There is no official word from the team about this yet. Friedman reported the move about an hour ago:
JT Brown (TB) on waivers today
— Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) January 13, 2018
Brown has suited up in 24 of the Lightning’s 44 games this season, tallying one goal and three assists to go along with a minus-one rating. Undrafted out of the University of Minnesota-Duluth, Brown signed with Tampa Bay on March 28, 2012. If he clears waivers, he’ll be sent down to AHL Syracuse.
In light of the lower-body injury to Victor Hedman that will sideline the Lightning’s All-Star defenseman for 3-6 weeks, this could be a move made to clear up a roster spot in order to pursue another blue-liner to give the team more depth on the back end.
We’ll have more on this story as it develops.
- Best two teams in the NHL battle for Supremacy. January 18, 2018
- Smackdown Live crowns a new United States Champion January 16, 2018
- Braun Strowman fired!! Summerslam Universal Championship rematch! January 16, 2018
- Rays-ing the question: Who’s on first? January 16, 2018
- Spring Training single game tickets on sale Friday January 15, 2018
- Bobby Lashley Joins the Caravan Exiting Impact Wrestling January 15, 2018
- REPORT: Lightning to place JT Brown on waivers today January 13, 2018
- Paige retiring, Mixed Match Challenge and Royal Rumble updates January 12, 2018
- Hedman will miss 3-6 weeks with lower-body injury January 12, 2018
- Rays agree to terms with seven arbitration-eligible players January 12, 2018