The Tampa Bay Lightning’s bye week began with an injury to one of their biggest stars. Now it looks like winger JT Brown is on the move as well.
Per a tweet from Elliotte Friedman of Sportsnet in Canada, the Lightning will place Brown on waivers some time today. There is no official word from the team about this yet. Friedman reported the move about an hour ago:
JT Brown (TB) on waivers today
— Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) January 13, 2018
Brown has suited up in 24 of the Lightning’s 44 games this season, tallying one goal and three assists to go along with a minus-one rating. Undrafted out of the University of Minnesota-Duluth, Brown signed with Tampa Bay on March 28, 2012. If he clears waivers, he’ll be sent down to AHL Syracuse.
In light of the lower-body injury to Victor Hedman that will sideline the Lightning’s All-Star defenseman for 3-6 weeks, this could be a move made to clear up a roster spot in order to pursue another blue-liner to give the team more depth on the back end.
We’ll have more on this story as it develops.
- Paul Heyman sets a date. Battle for number one contention. Ronda Rousey anger issues. July 17, 2018
- “Second half” story lines to keep an eye on July 16, 2018
- No one was safe in Extreme Rules July 16, 2018
- Blake Snell will join Cash, Ramos in D.C. after all July 13, 2018
- A Moderately Extreme PPV is Set for this Weekend July 13, 2018
- Adames sent down ahead of All Star break, Rays recall Hu July 12, 2018
- Rays keep rollin’ with sweep of Tigers July 11, 2018
- Extreme Rules promises compelling Smackdown Live matches July 10, 2018
- Rays unveil new ballpark design for Ybor City site July 10, 2018
- BREAKING: Kucherov signs eight-year extension July 10, 2018