The Tampa Bay Lightning’s bye week began with an injury to one of their biggest stars. Now it looks like winger JT Brown is on the move as well.
Per a tweet from Elliotte Friedman of Sportsnet in Canada, the Lightning will place Brown on waivers some time today. There is no official word from the team about this yet. Friedman reported the move about an hour ago:
JT Brown (TB) on waivers today
— Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) January 13, 2018
Brown has suited up in 24 of the Lightning’s 44 games this season, tallying one goal and three assists to go along with a minus-one rating. Undrafted out of the University of Minnesota-Duluth, Brown signed with Tampa Bay on March 28, 2012. If he clears waivers, he’ll be sent down to AHL Syracuse.
In light of the lower-body injury to Victor Hedman that will sideline the Lightning’s All-Star defenseman for 3-6 weeks, this could be a move made to clear up a roster spot in order to pursue another blue-liner to give the team more depth on the back end.
We’ll have more on this story as it develops.
- Hearts break for “Big Dog” as diagnosis leads to relinquished title. October 23, 2018
- Say Hello, Waive Goodbye: Week 8 October 23, 2018
- Roman Reigns Diagnosed With Leukemia, Takes Leave Of Absence October 22, 2018
- Bolts pick up first road win of the season in record-breaking affair October 21, 2018
- The Buccaneers defense comes up big in a win against the Browns October 21, 2018
- Bolts struggles continue in Minnesota, fall to Wild in OT October 20, 2018
- Amidst International Controversy and Gruesome Injuries the Show Must Go On October 19, 2018
- Stamkos’s first goal, Vasilevskiy’s goaltending lift Lightning over Red Wings October 18, 2018
- Bank On or Bench: Week 7 October 17, 2018
- 19 years in the making. This is Smackdown’s 1000th episode October 17, 2018