The Tampa Bay Lightning’s bye week began with an injury to one of their biggest stars. Now it looks like winger JT Brown is on the move as well.
Per a tweet from Elliotte Friedman of Sportsnet in Canada, the Lightning will place Brown on waivers some time today. There is no official word from the team about this yet. Friedman reported the move about an hour ago:
JT Brown (TB) on waivers today
— Elliotte Friedman (@FriedgeHNIC) January 13, 2018
Brown has suited up in 24 of the Lightning’s 44 games this season, tallying one goal and three assists to go along with a minus-one rating. Undrafted out of the University of Minnesota-Duluth, Brown signed with Tampa Bay on March 28, 2012. If he clears waivers, he’ll be sent down to AHL Syracuse.
In light of the lower-body injury to Victor Hedman that will sideline the Lightning’s All-Star defenseman for 3-6 weeks, this could be a move made to clear up a roster spot in order to pursue another blue-liner to give the team more depth on the back end.
We’ll have more on this story as it develops.
- Pinellas County commits funding to Dunedin Stadium renovation April 25, 2018
- The Miz ignites an unexpected feud on Smackdown Live April 24, 2018
- Column: Drafting The Bucs 2018: Seven Round Mock Draft April 24, 2018
- Is It Too Late To Trade Chris Archer? April 24, 2018
- WWE Raw before The Greatest Royal Rumble. Brock Lesnar appears! April 24, 2018
- Final Card for Impact Wrestling Redemption, PWG All-Star Extravaganza Night 1 Results & World of Sport Moving Forward With Tapings April 22, 2018
- Snell dazzles, earns third victory April 21, 2018
- Vasilevskiy, Kucherov and Sergachev lead the way in series clinching win against Devils April 21, 2018
- Yonny Chirinos officially added to Rays rotation April 21, 2018
- Greatest Royal Rumble card & news, Rich Swann returns!?, Stone Cold comeback!?, Enzo Amore resurfaces?, Superstar Billy Graham vs. Ronda Rousey, WWE 2K lawsuit April 21, 2018