Rey Mysterio Forgoes WWE for New Japan Pro Wrestling
Rey Mysterio shocked the world by entering at number 27 at the 2018 Royal Rumble. Many speculated that the appearance was just a precursor to a part-time or full-time return to World Wrestling Entertainment. In a shocking turn of events, the former three time world champion appeared on screen at New Beginning in Osaka. This show is one of the larger shows that New Japan Pro Wrestling hosts.
Mysterio called out legendary high flyer and current NJPW commentator, Jushin ‘Thunder’ Liger, to a match. This is the second surprise dream match, following the Chris Jericho/Kenny Omega build and match at Wrestle Kingdom 12. Due to how much business that feud did for New Japan, the company was quick to try to capture lightning in a bottle once again. Mysterio vs. Liger is set for the NJPW event Strong Style Evolved on March 25th in Long Beach, CA.
— njpwworld (@njpwworld) February 10, 2018
Emma Debuts in Ring of Honor
Another former WWE talent, Emma, made her first appearance in Ring of Honor at this past Friday’s Honor Reigns Supreme event. This event aired for free as part of ROH’s early attempts at setting up a streaming service. The event featured a Women of Honor 16 person single elimination tournament. The next several weeks will determine the first ever ROH women’s champion. Tenille Dashwood (Emma’s real name) was announced as the final participant in the tournament.
You heard it here first! @TenilleDashwood is the 16th competitor in the @Women_of_Honor Championship Tournament! Watch tag team action with her and @MandyLeonxo taking on @StacyShadows and @RealKellyKlein for FREE! We are Live streaming all night at https://t.co/e02BrMhaRF! pic.twitter.com/HQHiMquty3
— Women of Honor (@Women_of_Honor) February 10, 2018
Brian Cage Is Unleashed on the Impact Zone This Week
Finally, former Lucha Underground Gift of the Gods winner and PWG Tag Team champion, Brian Cage, will begin his path of destruction this Thursday on Impact Wrestling. Most noteworthy is that this is not Cage’s first time wrestling in the Impact Zone. Cage had a dark match tryout against Robbie E in 2012 and he also appeared at the Destination X event in 2014. Impact has suffered the loss of several big name stars, whose contracts expired. The hard hitting powerhouse has a unique look and style that could only benefit Impact, who did not shy away from promoting the hell out of his debut.
In conclusion, these are some pretty solid additions to the three promotions in question. Is your excitement level up for any one or all of these massive signings? Leave a comment and let your voice be heard.
- Big title wins at Elimination Chamber February 18, 2019
- Vasy passes Bish after second straight shutout February 16, 2019
- Elimination Chamber Preview Report February 15, 2019
- Lightning pile on the goals in Valentine’s Day massacre of Stars February 14, 2019
- Pitchers and catchers officially kick off spring training in Port Charlotte February 13, 2019
- An Elimination Chamber replacement and a gauntlet match to perfection. February 13, 2019
- Potential Cup Final match-up once again goes Lightning’s way February 12, 2019
- Youth and post-season were key topics at today’s spring press conference February 12, 2019
- The Queen and Top Guys shine on sensational Raw broadcast. February 11, 2019
- Domingue sets franchise record with tenth straight victory February 10, 2019