Rey Mysterio Forgoes WWE for New Japan Pro Wrestling
Rey Mysterio shocked the world by entering at number 27 at the 2018 Royal Rumble. Many speculated that the appearance was just a precursor to a part-time or full-time return to World Wrestling Entertainment. In a shocking turn of events, the former three time world champion appeared on screen at New Beginning in Osaka. This show is one of the larger shows that New Japan Pro Wrestling hosts.
Mysterio called out legendary high flyer and current NJPW commentator, Jushin ‘Thunder’ Liger, to a match. This is the second surprise dream match, following the Chris Jericho/Kenny Omega build and match at Wrestle Kingdom 12. Due to how much business that feud did for New Japan, the company was quick to try to capture lightning in a bottle once again. Mysterio vs. Liger is set for the NJPW event Strong Style Evolved on March 25th in Long Beach, CA.
— njpwworld (@njpwworld) February 10, 2018
Emma Debuts in Ring of Honor
Another former WWE talent, Emma, made her first appearance in Ring of Honor at this past Friday’s Honor Reigns Supreme event. This event aired for free as part of ROH’s early attempts at setting up a streaming service. The event featured a Women of Honor 16 person single elimination tournament. The next several weeks will determine the first ever ROH women’s champion. Tenille Dashwood (Emma’s real name) was announced as the final participant in the tournament.
You heard it here first! @TenilleDashwood is the 16th competitor in the @Women_of_Honor Championship Tournament! Watch tag team action with her and @MandyLeonxo taking on @StacyShadows and @RealKellyKlein for FREE! We are Live streaming all night at https://t.co/e02BrMhaRF! pic.twitter.com/HQHiMquty3
— Women of Honor (@Women_of_Honor) February 10, 2018
Brian Cage Is Unleashed on the Impact Zone This Week
Finally, former Lucha Underground Gift of the Gods winner and PWG Tag Team champion, Brian Cage, will begin his path of destruction this Thursday on Impact Wrestling. Most noteworthy is that this is not Cage’s first time wrestling in the Impact Zone. Cage had a dark match tryout against Robbie E in 2012 and he also appeared at the Destination X event in 2014. Impact has suffered the loss of several big name stars, whose contracts expired. The hard hitting powerhouse has a unique look and style that could only benefit Impact, who did not shy away from promoting the hell out of his debut.
In conclusion, these are some pretty solid additions to the three promotions in question. Is your excitement level up for any one or all of these massive signings? Leave a comment and let your voice be heard.
- Owens and Zayn plan to steal WWE Championship at Fastlane February 20, 2018
- Point and Kucherov dazzle as Lightning hold off Capitals in DC February 20, 2018
- Rays send Souza Jr. to D-Backs in three-way trade February 20, 2018
- Buccaneers release Doug Martin February 20, 2018
- Elimination Chamber preview. Gauntlet match! Mr Monday Night! February 20, 2018
- Despite the mood, first full squad workouts were a success February 19, 2018
- Rays acquire Cron, trade Odo, and DFA Dickerson on busy Saturday night. February 18, 2018
- Shots on shots, but Bolts drop a tough one to Jersey. February 17, 2018
- Should Dolph Ziggler Have Gone Back to WWE? February 16, 2018
- Stamkos, Kucherov and Hedman lead Bolts in 11th straight win against Detroit February 15, 2018