The Buccaneers looked to redeem themselves in Week 4 after suffering their first loss of the season in Week 3.
The Buccaneers were off to a good start in the first quarter as Jameis Winston threw 2 touchdown passes. The first went to Mike Evans. The second went to rookie Tight End OJ Howard on a busted coverage by the Giants. The 58 yarder from Winston was Howard’s first NFL touchdown. Howard finished with 2 catches for 63 yards, while Evans finished with 5 catches for 67 yards. It should be noted that Evan’s touchdown catch moves him into 3rd place on the Bucs all-time receiving touchdown list. Evans is only 24 years old, so more than likely he will end up in the number 1 spot.
Early on the Bucs showed that they were having no problems moving the ball on the Giants defense. Over the course of the entire game the Bucs finished with 5 plays of 30+ yards. Nick Folk and the kicking game were having problems, however. Folk missed an extra point in the 1st quarter and missed his first 2 field goal attempts.
After finding themselves in an early hole the Giants did manage to battle back picking up a touchdown and a field goal to head to halftime down 16-10. In an unexpected stat, Eli Manning scored the Giants first rushing touchdown of the season in the second quarter.
The teams traded touchdowns in the 4th quarter. For the Bucs, Winston found Cameron Brate for his third touchdown pass of the game. Jameis finished the game throwing for 332 yards and did not throw an interception. This is a welcome sight after Winston threw 3 picks last week against the Vikings.
Nick Folk is the story here though. After struggling all game, the Bucs drove down deep into Giants territory and gave him the opportunity to redeem himself. The Giants were out of timeouts, so there was no chance to ice the kicker. All Folk did was put the ball through the uprights, barely. The ball snuck just inside the left upright, but it all counts the same. The Bucs pull out the last second victory by a final score of 25-23.
The Bucs (2-1) will be on a short week as they welcome the New England Patriots (2-2) on Thursday night.
- REPORT: Carlos Gomez inks one-year deal with Rays February 21, 2018
- Owens and Zayn plan to steal WWE Championship at Fastlane February 20, 2018
- Point and Kucherov dazzle as Lightning hold off Capitals in DC February 20, 2018
- Rays send Souza Jr. to D-Backs in three-way trade February 20, 2018
- Buccaneers release Doug Martin February 20, 2018
- Elimination Chamber preview. Gauntlet match! Mr Monday Night! February 20, 2018
- Despite the mood, first full squad workouts were a success February 19, 2018
- Rays acquire Cron, trade Odo, and DFA Dickerson on busy Saturday night. February 18, 2018
- Shots on shots, but Bolts drop a tough one to Jersey. February 17, 2018
- Should Dolph Ziggler Have Gone Back to WWE? February 16, 2018