Lightning will be without Hedman for 3-6 weeks after injury in Thursday night’s game against Calgary.
After under going tests on Friday, the Lightning announced that Hedman will miss 3-6 weeks. While this is certainly not good news for the league-leading Bolts, the timing of it provides pause for optimism. Tampa Bay is in the midst of their bye week and will not play again until Thursday night against Vegas. In addition to that, the All-Star Game is on January 28, in Tampa.
The 27-year-old has 33 points (6-27) for the team this, and entered Friday leading the NHL (+24) in plus/minus.
Looking at the ‘worst-case’ six month scenario, he would miss 18 games over the next six weeks. During the 2014-15 season, after fracturing his finger, Hedman missed 18-straight games – the Lightning went 12-5-1 over that stretch.
- Paul Heyman sets a date. Battle for number one contention. Ronda Rousey anger issues. July 17, 2018
- “Second half” story lines to keep an eye on July 16, 2018
- No one was safe in Extreme Rules July 16, 2018
- Blake Snell will join Cash, Ramos in D.C. after all July 13, 2018
- A Moderately Extreme PPV is Set for this Weekend July 13, 2018
- Adames sent down ahead of All Star break, Rays recall Hu July 12, 2018
- Rays keep rollin’ with sweep of Tigers July 11, 2018
- Extreme Rules promises compelling Smackdown Live matches July 10, 2018
- Rays unveil new ballpark design for Ybor City site July 10, 2018
- BREAKING: Kucherov signs eight-year extension July 10, 2018