Lightning will be without Hedman for 3-6 weeks after injury in Thursday night’s game against Calgary.
After under going tests on Friday, the Lightning announced that Hedman will miss 3-6 weeks. While this is certainly not good news for the league-leading Bolts, the timing of it provides pause for optimism. Tampa Bay is in the midst of their bye week and will not play again until Thursday night against Vegas. In addition to that, the All-Star Game is on January 28, in Tampa.
The 27-year-old has 33 points (6-27) for the team this, and entered Friday leading the NHL (+24) in plus/minus.
Looking at the ‘worst-case’ six month scenario, he would miss 18 games over the next six weeks. During the 2014-15 season, after fracturing his finger, Hedman missed 18-straight games – the Lightning went 12-5-1 over that stretch.
- Best two teams in the NHL battle for Supremacy. January 18, 2018
- Smackdown Live crowns a new United States Champion January 16, 2018
- Braun Strowman fired!! Summerslam Universal Championship rematch! January 16, 2018
- Rays-ing the question: Who’s on first? January 16, 2018
- Spring Training single game tickets on sale Friday January 15, 2018
- Bobby Lashley Joins the Caravan Exiting Impact Wrestling January 15, 2018
- REPORT: Lightning to place JT Brown on waivers today January 13, 2018
- Paige retiring, Mixed Match Challenge and Royal Rumble updates January 12, 2018
- Hedman will miss 3-6 weeks with lower-body injury January 12, 2018
- Rays agree to terms with seven arbitration-eligible players January 12, 2018