Lightning will be without Hedman for 3-6 weeks after injury in Thursday night’s game against Calgary.
After under going tests on Friday, the Lightning announced that Hedman will miss 3-6 weeks. While this is certainly not good news for the league-leading Bolts, the timing of it provides pause for optimism. Tampa Bay is in the midst of their bye week and will not play again until Thursday night against Vegas. In addition to that, the All-Star Game is on January 28, in Tampa.
The 27-year-old has 33 points (6-27) for the team this, and entered Friday leading the NHL (+24) in plus/minus.
Looking at the ‘worst-case’ six month scenario, he would miss 18 games over the next six weeks. During the 2014-15 season, after fracturing his finger, Hedman missed 18-straight games – the Lightning went 12-5-1 over that stretch.
- Pinellas County commits funding to Dunedin Stadium renovation April 25, 2018
- The Miz ignites an unexpected feud on Smackdown Live April 24, 2018
- Column: Drafting The Bucs 2018: Seven Round Mock Draft April 24, 2018
- Is It Too Late To Trade Chris Archer? April 24, 2018
- WWE Raw before The Greatest Royal Rumble. Brock Lesnar appears! April 24, 2018
- Final Card for Impact Wrestling Redemption, PWG All-Star Extravaganza Night 1 Results & World of Sport Moving Forward With Tapings April 22, 2018
- Snell dazzles, earns third victory April 21, 2018
- Vasilevskiy, Kucherov and Sergachev lead the way in series clinching win against Devils April 21, 2018
- Yonny Chirinos officially added to Rays rotation April 21, 2018
- Greatest Royal Rumble card & news, Rich Swann returns!?, Stone Cold comeback!?, Enzo Amore resurfaces?, Superstar Billy Graham vs. Ronda Rousey, WWE 2K lawsuit April 21, 2018