There are rabid fans, there are bandwagon fans. Then there are fans that let their frustrations known freely.
Yes this has been a less than ideal season for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. In a season where hopes were high the Bucs would make a playoff return, things haven’t gone in the right direction. The offense has struggled, the defense hasn’t been very good. There isn’t a lot to be happy about this season so far. Fans have every right to be discouraged, but things aren’t as bad as they seem.
— Greg (@gp76_Tampa) November 5, 2017
A lot of fans are calling for Dirk Koetter and Mike Smith’s jobs. Other fans are saying the Bucs should’ve drafted Marcus Mariotta.
Glazers need to make a statement. #Bucs now (2-6), allowing this week after week, without change, is bad management. Tell the fans’ this won’t be tolerated
— #itsaBucslife 😡 (@BucsPurveyor) November 5, 2017
Do yourselves a favor and just STOP!
— KiKi (@TH3K1D06) November 5, 2017
The Glazer Family isn’t going to hire Jon Gruden again, and if they did he wouldn’t lead them to another Super Bowl. When Gruden lead the Bucs to a win in Super Bowl 37, he had Monte Kiffen as his Defensive Coordinator. That’s honestly one of the biggest reasons the Bucs won that Super Bowl. Bringing back “Chucky” won’t solve the issues the Bucs are currently dealing with. Without a clear top defensive coordinator, going after Gruden would be a huge mistake. In the event the Glazers do bring back Gruden, keep him as far away from personnel choices as you can. Everyone saw what happened when Gruden got “Control”. It wasn’t a pretty sight, and won’t help this young team.
Give Koetter and Smith one more season, they showed a season ago they can win nine games. Now they didn’t make the playoffs, but showed these two can lead the team in the right direction. Jameis Winston is hurt, let’s just get that out of the way. He won’t throw for 4,000 yards this season, and he shouldn’t play until probably next season.
If you say you’re a Bucs fan, don’t be so quick to throw in the towel. Sure this season is going in the wrong direction, but there are a few minor positives. First of all Patrick Murray is back and is a good kicker, he’s made two kicks that were 50 plus yards. Kendall Beckwith adds more talent to Lavonte David and Kwon Alexander on the linebacker corp. OJ Howard seems to be open quite frequently, allowing him to score easily.
So with all that said, the future is still quite bright for the Buccaneers. Just calm down it will be okay, just because they lose it’s not the end of the world. Or at least it shouldn’t be…
Follow @TrevorG_Scrum on Twitter
- Rays acquire Cron, trade Odo, and DFA Dickerson on busy Saturday night. February 18, 2018
- Shots on shots, but Bolts drop a tough one to Jersey. February 17, 2018
- Should Dolph Ziggler Have Gone Back to WWE? February 16, 2018
- Stamkos, Kucherov and Hedman lead Bolts in 11th straight win against Detroit February 15, 2018
- Rays announce ticket specials for 2018 season February 15, 2018
- 2017 Bucs: The good, bad and ugly February 15, 2018
- Column: Drafting The Bucs 2018: TE February 14, 2018
- New faces, young guns shine as workouts begin in Port Charlotte. February 14, 2018
- Superstars are added to WWE Championship match at Fastlane February 13, 2018
- Lightning’s special teams not so special in loss to Sabres February 13, 2018