In perhaps the smartest move of the first round, Tampa Bay trades down and not only shores up their defensive line, but acquire two more second round picks in the process.
Vita Vea was a Drafting The Bucs highlight at the defensive tackle position. A bruiser at 6’4, 264 lbs. from the University of Washington, he’ll have ample opportunity to line up with the likes of Gerald McCoy, Jason Pierre-Paul and Vinny Curry to turn the Bucs defensive line into something truly special.
— Tampa Bay Buccaneers (@Buccaneers) April 27, 2018
Allowing the Buffalo Bills to trade up has now put us in position to pick not only at 38, but now at 53 and 56!
With names on the board like James Daniels (C/G, Iowa) Will Hernandez (G, UTEP), as well as push-rush specialist Harold Landry (DE, Boston College), we can draft best player available early.
Ronald Jones III (RB, USC), Derrius Guice (RB, LSU), Nick Chubb (RB, Georgia) are all available to fill the void at that position.
Isiah Oliver (CB, Colorado), Josh Jackson (CB, Iowa), Ronnie Harrison (S, Alabama) are also still on the board to fix the secondary and to add depth.
Get excited folks, we are going to be in for one heck of a Friday Night as we look to rounds two and three of the 2018 NFL Draft.
- Disappointing ending should mean fine-tuning, not major changes for Bolts May 26, 2018
- Rays send Colome, Span to Mariners May 25, 2018
- Despite the Rays’ record, Snell finding success at home May 24, 2018
- Holtby’s second straight shutout ends Lightning’s season in Game 7 May 24, 2018
- Price outduels Archer as Rays drop second straight to Sox May 23, 2018
- Nakamura reveals Money in the Bank match stipulation May 22, 2018
- Ronda Rousey and Nia Jax contract signing. Women’s MITB qualifing match. A Demon vs a Monster May 22, 2018
- Holtby and the Capitals shutout Lightning to force Game 7 May 21, 2018
- Have the Rays turned a corner at the right time? May 21, 2018
- Unlikely contributors have Lightning on brink of Stanley Cup Finals May 20, 2018