In perhaps the smartest move of the first round, Tampa Bay trades down and not only shores up their defensive line, but acquire two more second round picks in the process.
Vita Vea was a Drafting The Bucs highlight at the defensive tackle position. A bruiser at 6’4, 264 lbs. from the University of Washington, he’ll have ample opportunity to line up with the likes of Gerald McCoy, Jason Pierre-Paul and Vinny Curry to turn the Bucs defensive line into something truly special.
— Tampa Bay Buccaneers (@Buccaneers) April 27, 2018
Allowing the Buffalo Bills to trade up has now put us in position to pick not only at 38, but now at 53 and 56!
With names on the board like James Daniels (C/G, Iowa) Will Hernandez (G, UTEP), as well as push-rush specialist Harold Landry (DE, Boston College), we can draft best player available early.
Ronald Jones III (RB, USC), Derrius Guice (RB, LSU), Nick Chubb (RB, Georgia) are all available to fill the void at that position.
Isiah Oliver (CB, Colorado), Josh Jackson (CB, Iowa), Ronnie Harrison (S, Alabama) are also still on the board to fix the secondary and to add depth.
Get excited folks, we are going to be in for one heck of a Friday Night as we look to rounds two and three of the 2018 NFL Draft.
- An epic 2 out of 3 match before the Royal Rumble January 22, 2019
- A major upset in the main event ends champion’s undefeated streak. January 21, 2019
- Bucs & Panthers set for 2019 clash in London January 21, 2019
- Should the Buccaneers go after Kareem Hunt? January 20, 2019
- Bolts get a Western Conference win, beat Sharks at Amalie January 19, 2019
- Five Keys: Offense January 19, 2019
- Major Changes To The Royal Rumble Card January 18, 2019
- Back-and-forth game goes Maple Leafs way January 17, 2019
- Vasilevskiy’s efforts dim Stars, lift Lightning to victory January 16, 2019
- An epic lucha showdown on Smackdown Live January 15, 2019