As today’s training camp ended Buccaneers.com insider Scott Smith broke some news about offensive lineman Demar Dotson that should make Bucs fans quite happy.
Breaking news: T Demar Dotson has signed a multi-year extension with the Bucs. Media availability at approximately 11:30.
— Scott Smith (@ScottSBucs) August 15, 2016
Dirk Koetter has said that right tackle, Demar Dotson, has been the best offensive lineman in camp this year. The Bucs brass must agree.
On Monday morning following practice, Dotson signed a three-year extension with the Bucs worth $16.5 million. Dotson has been with the team since 2009 and was undrafted out of Southern Mississippi. He’s played in 76 games, starting in 52 of those and is the longest tenured player on the team. Dotson played and started in all 32 games from 2013-2014 before an MCL injury sidelined him last season where he only played in six games, just three as a starter.
The Bucs are preparing for their second pre-season game of 2016 against the Jacksonville Jaguars on Saturday. Kickoff is set for 7:30 from Jacksonville.
- Despite the mood, first full squad workouts were a success February 19, 2018
- Rays acquire Cron, trade Odo, and DFA Dickerson on busy Saturday night. February 18, 2018
- Shots on shots, but Bolts drop a tough one to Jersey. February 17, 2018
- Should Dolph Ziggler Have Gone Back to WWE? February 16, 2018
- Stamkos, Kucherov and Hedman lead Bolts in 11th straight win against Detroit February 15, 2018
- Rays announce ticket specials for 2018 season February 15, 2018
- 2017 Bucs: The good, bad and ugly February 15, 2018
- Column: Drafting The Bucs 2018: TE February 14, 2018
- New faces, young guns shine as workouts begin in Port Charlotte. February 14, 2018
- Superstars are added to WWE Championship match at Fastlane February 13, 2018