It’s been a busy weekend for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. In what was a pretty quiet start to free agency for them has turned into a productive one.
Friday they signed former Baltimore Ravens center, Ryan Jensen, to a four-year deal worth $42 million. Around $22 million is guaranteed. This now allows Ali Marpet to move back to his natural position at guard. Jensen played in all 16 games for the Ravens last season, starting every one.
Ayers shown the door.
It was a brief two-year stint in Tampa Bay for 32-year old Robert Ayers. One that turned out to be a bit underwhelming, as well. In 24 games, Ayers managed 8.5 sacks including just two last season. The cut will free up around $6 million in cap space for Tampa Bay.
Make way for Vinny.
Another Super Bowl Champion is heading to Tampa. Defensive end, Vinny Curry, was signed Saturday to a three-year, $27 million contract not long after the release of Ayers. Curry, who will be 30 in June, has spent all of his six NFL seasons with the Eagles. Last season he recorded 25 tackles and three sacks while starting all 16 games.
Source tells me Vinny Curry is heading to the Bucs on a three-year deal for up to $27 million with $11.5 million injury guarantee. https://t.co/urIDc8kzra
— JennaLaineESPN (@JennaLaineESPN) March 17, 2018
After finishing dead last in the NFL last season in pass rush, the Bucs will have three new faces on the defensive line heading into camp.
- Paul Heyman sets a date. Battle for number one contention. Ronda Rousey anger issues. July 17, 2018
- “Second half” story lines to keep an eye on July 16, 2018
- No one was safe in Extreme Rules July 16, 2018
- Blake Snell will join Cash, Ramos in D.C. after all July 13, 2018
- A Moderately Extreme PPV is Set for this Weekend July 13, 2018
- Adames sent down ahead of All Star break, Rays recall Hu July 12, 2018
- Rays keep rollin’ with sweep of Tigers July 11, 2018
- Extreme Rules promises compelling Smackdown Live matches July 10, 2018
- Rays unveil new ballpark design for Ybor City site July 10, 2018
- BREAKING: Kucherov signs eight-year extension July 10, 2018