It’s been a busy weekend for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. In what was a pretty quiet start to free agency for them has turned into a productive one.
Friday they signed former Baltimore Ravens center, Ryan Jensen, to a four-year deal worth $42 million. Around $22 million is guaranteed. This now allows Ali Marpet to move back to his natural position at guard. Jensen played in all 16 games for the Ravens last season, starting every one.
Ayers shown the door.
It was a brief two-year stint in Tampa Bay for 32-year old Robert Ayers. One that turned out to be a bit underwhelming, as well. In 24 games, Ayers managed 8.5 sacks including just two last season. The cut will free up around $6 million in cap space for Tampa Bay.
Make way for Vinny.
Another Super Bowl Champion is heading to Tampa. Defensive end, Vinny Curry, was signed Saturday to a three-year, $27 million contract not long after the release of Ayers. Curry, who will be 30 in June, has spent all of his six NFL seasons with the Eagles. Last season he recorded 25 tackles and three sacks while starting all 16 games.
Source tells me Vinny Curry is heading to the Bucs on a three-year deal for up to $27 million with $11.5 million injury guarantee. https://t.co/urIDc8kzra
— JennaLaineESPN (@JennaLaineESPN) March 17, 2018
After finishing dead last in the NFL last season in pass rush, the Bucs will have three new faces on the defensive line heading into camp.
- Kofi Kingston’s road to WrestleMania March 20, 2019
- The Baddest Woman On The planet goes rogue in Chi-Town March 18, 2019
- Stamkos makes history as Lightning clinch Presidents’ Trophy March 18, 2019
- Ryan Fitzpatrick signs 2-year deal with Miami Dolphins March 17, 2019
- Killorn leads Lightning past Capitals for franchise record win number 55 March 16, 2019
- With Fastlane In The Rearview The Road To Wrestlemania Becomes More Clear March 15, 2019
- Four-gone conclusion: third period explosion powers incredible comeback in Detroit March 14, 2019
- Players to avoid early in drafts March 14, 2019
- Vince gives Kofi a WrestleMania offer March 13, 2019
- Bucs resign quarterback Ryan Griffin March 12, 2019