It’s been a busy weekend for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. In what was a pretty quiet start to free agency for them has turned into a productive one.
Friday they signed former Baltimore Ravens center, Ryan Jensen, to a four-year deal worth $42 million. Around $22 million is guaranteed. This now allows Ali Marpet to move back to his natural position at guard. Jensen played in all 16 games for the Ravens last season, starting every one.
Ayers shown the door.
It was a brief two-year stint in Tampa Bay for 32-year old Robert Ayers. One that turned out to be a bit underwhelming, as well. In 24 games, Ayers managed 8.5 sacks including just two last season. The cut will free up around $6 million in cap space for Tampa Bay.
Make way for Vinny.
Another Super Bowl Champion is heading to Tampa. Defensive end, Vinny Curry, was signed Saturday to a three-year, $27 million contract not long after the release of Ayers. Curry, who will be 30 in June, has spent all of his six NFL seasons with the Eagles. Last season he recorded 25 tackles and three sacks while starting all 16 games.
Source tells me Vinny Curry is heading to the Bucs on a three-year deal for up to $27 million with $11.5 million injury guarantee. https://t.co/urIDc8kzra
— JennaLaineESPN (@JennaLaineESPN) March 17, 2018
After finishing dead last in the NFL last season in pass rush, the Bucs will have three new faces on the defensive line heading into camp.
- Fitzpatrick Falls Back to Earth as Steelers Beat Bucs September 24, 2018
- Potential cracks in the Shield lead to compelling main event on Raw. September 24, 2018
- Home stand will close out 2018 for the Rays September 24, 2018
- Say Hello, Waive Goodbye: Week 4 September 24, 2018
- Lightning cut roster by 25 heading into preseason’s final week September 23, 2018
- Shake Ups to the Weekly Schedule and Another New Special Event Are the Highlights this Week September 21, 2018
- Rays make final call-ups as playoff push gets tighter September 20, 2018
- Top 8 televised singles champions of 2018 September 19, 2018
- Bank On or Bench: Week 3 September 19, 2018
- Sluggish effort drags down Lightning in preseason opener September 18, 2018