The Buccaneers once again fill crucial needs, covering their bases with three second round and one third round selection. Which players are now headed to training camp in Tampa?
The Bucs traded back in the first round, coming away with a king’s ransom as they selected Vita Vea to play on the line after allowing Buffalo to move up for Quarterback Josh Allen.
Right off the bat, with the 38th pick of the draft, the Buccaneers added Ronald Jones II (RB, USC) to the roster. A true three down back with versality and up-field speed, Jones is going to look to take the pressure off the QB by forcing defenses to come down in the box to account for him.
At pick 63 in the second round, we added cornerback depth, grabbing MJ Stewart (CB, North Carolina) to play press and lock down league receivers, especially after division rival Atlanta added Alabama’s Calvin Ridley to a stacked WR core.
Tampa Bay traded down again, acquiring later round picks, and at pick 63, we double dipped, adding Carlton Davis (CB, Auburn) to the roster. The Bucs get younger and add talent that can learn from Brent Grimes, and it allows Vernon Hargreaves to play slot corner.
The Buccaneers can look to address the safety position in later rounds, but Tampa certainly addressed a need late in the third round, grabbing Alex Cappa (OT, Humboldt State) to solidify our offensive line. Cappa is a mauler and has no issue fighting defensive linemen as Jameis Winston will look to complete the pass. He can also move up-field as Ronald Jones II will look for daylight.
A solid outing for Tampa on day two and the team can fill the remaining holes tomorrow afternoon. So far, so good for the Bucs through the first two days.
- Hearts break for “Big Dog” as diagnosis leads to relinquished title. October 23, 2018
- Say Hello, Waive Goodbye: Week 8 October 23, 2018
- Roman Reigns Diagnosed With Leukemia, Takes Leave Of Absence October 22, 2018
- Bolts pick up first road win of the season in record-breaking affair October 21, 2018
- The Buccaneers defense comes up big in a win against the Browns October 21, 2018
- Bolts struggles continue in Minnesota, fall to Wild in OT October 20, 2018
- Amidst International Controversy and Gruesome Injuries the Show Must Go On October 19, 2018
- Stamkos’s first goal, Vasilevskiy’s goaltending lift Lightning over Red Wings October 18, 2018
- Bank On or Bench: Week 7 October 17, 2018
- 19 years in the making. This is Smackdown’s 1000th episode October 17, 2018