Punter’s historic season is rewarded Saturday.
Who says punters aren’t appreciated? Well, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers know what they have in the leg of one Bryan Anger per their multi-year extension they signed the 28-year old, five year NFL veteran to on Saturday morning. Anger set franchise records this season for punts inside the 20 (32) and net punt average (42.4) which was also a career-high. He is also among the NFL leaders in both of those categories.
His punting precision has also helped in the coverage game, as well. The punt coverage team for the Bucs is fourth in the NFL allowing just 5.6 yards/return.
Anger was selected fairly high back in 2012 when the Jacksonville Jaguars selected him in the third round of the draft out of California. He spent his first four seasons with the Jags before coming over to the Bucs this year.
No specific numbers have been released as of yet. Keep it right here as this story continues to develop.
- Despite the mood, first full squad workouts were a success February 19, 2018
- Rays acquire Cron, trade Odo, and DFA Dickerson on busy Saturday night. February 18, 2018
- Shots on shots, but Bolts drop a tough one to Jersey. February 17, 2018
- Should Dolph Ziggler Have Gone Back to WWE? February 16, 2018
- Stamkos, Kucherov and Hedman lead Bolts in 11th straight win against Detroit February 15, 2018
- Rays announce ticket specials for 2018 season February 15, 2018
- 2017 Bucs: The good, bad and ugly February 15, 2018
- Column: Drafting The Bucs 2018: TE February 14, 2018
- New faces, young guns shine as workouts begin in Port Charlotte. February 14, 2018
- Superstars are added to WWE Championship match at Fastlane February 13, 2018