Celebrating the Fathers!
Tampa Bay Rays prospect Jose De Leon celebrated Fathers’ Day by doing something that so many children strive to do – make their parents happy. After all, who wouldn’t like to wake up to a brand new car in the driveway?
The Price is Right
On Sunday morning, De Leon proved that Bob Barker is not the only one that knows how to give away new cars.
“A New Car”
Born on August 2, 1992 to Jose and Ady De Leon, the younger Jose showed his appreciation to his father by buying him a new car.
Happy Father’s Day, papi! My ultimate goal in life is to see my family happy! This is one of the most special moments of my life. Te amo! pic.twitter.com/tFTx49Np2O
— Jose De León (@JDL_87) June 18, 2017
In Case You’re Wondering
According to Spotrac, the right-hander will make $535,600 during the 2017 season. The Ford SUV that his dad now drives around in sells for somewhere between the $24k-$32k range.
Not a bad Sunday afternoon!
See You Soon
Rays fans are waiting to see what De Leon can provide on a regular basis. Their No. 3 prospect, according to MLB.com has not pitched (lat muscle) since leaving his start for Triple-A Durham on June 9th.
De Leon has pitched in one game for the Rays this season. He gave up four hits while allowing three runs, picking up the victory, in relief, against the Texas Rangers on May 29th.
- WWE RAWtrospective 6/26/17: Respect The Boss June 26, 2017
- Tebow Defying Odds, Critics; Gets Bump To High-A June 26, 2017
- OFFICIAL: Rays Add Hechavarria from Marlins June 26, 2017
- Andreychuk Finally Gets Into Hockey Hall of Fame June 26, 2017
- Gourde and Sustr Resign with Lightning June 26, 2017
- Stanton has sights set on defending Derby crown. June 26, 2017
- Rays-Marlins could be nearing a trade. June 26, 2017