Top-prospect Padlo returns after broken hamate bone.
The Tampa Bay Rays have been snake-bitten by injury all season. On Thursday, their High-A affiliate Charlotte Stone Crabs welcomed back Kevin Padlo from the DL.
According to MLB.com, Padlo is the team’s No.14 ranked prospect in their farm system. The Stone Crabs have been without the services of the third baseman since May 2. After five rehab appearances with the Gulf Coast Rays, he was activated in time for Charlotte’s game on Wednesday – problem was the weather did not cooperate.
He finished the night 0-for-5, struck out three times, and committed an error. It was not his best performance but none of that matters. The Stone Crabs have their third baseman back.
Now that he’s healthy, Padlo provides Charlotte an opportunity to make a second-half push. That is of course unless Double-A Montgomery comes calling. The Stone Crabs will have their hands full in the season’s final months. After sweeping the doubleheader, the Fort Myers Miracle stand atop the standings, having won eight games in a row.
The Stone Crabs now find themselves two-games under .500 and 6.5 games behind the South Division leaders.
Despite being swept in the doubleheader, Padlo’s teammate, Jake Cronenworth did his part. The shortstop roped a two-run double in each game.
- Rays Rewind: Rays Swept, Fall Behind Yankees July 24, 2017
- This Means War! Battleground 2017 Recap July 24, 2017
- Nightmare inning leads to blown lead, series loss v Rangers. July 22, 2017
- The Scrumdown:WWE News & Rumors July 22, 2017
- Ranking Eastern Conference Non-Playoff Teams’ Chances Of Playoff Return July 20, 2017
- After 2017, Winston Will Be Considered Best Bucs’ QB Ever July 20, 2017
- WWE Smackback 7/18/17 : “U.S.! eh U.S.! ehhhhh” July 19, 2017