Rays ace making his second appearance as an All Star.
RHP Chris Archer is on his way to Miami to join teammate Corey Dickerson on the AL All Star team.
#Rays Archer being added to AL All-Star roster would suggest that even though starting Sunday he agreed to be available to pitch Tuesday
— Marc Topkin (@TBTimes_Rays) July 7, 2017
Archer, 28, is coming off a 19-loss season in 2016 but is 7-5 with a 3.95 ERA in 18 starts this year. His 116.1 innings is third in the league and his 139 strikeouts is second to Chris Sale’s staggering 178.
Archer’s first All Star appearance came in 2015. That year he finished 12-13 with a 3.23 ERA in 34 starts. The righty was among the league leaders in strikeouts with 252 and finished fifth in the Cy Young voting.
Manager Kevin Cash will also be in Miami as part of the AL coaching staff.
The 2017 MLB All Star Game takes place Tuesday, July 11th, from Marlins Park in Miami.
- Rays Visit Toronto On A Short Road Trip August 17, 2017
- WWE Smackback 8/15/17 : “What A Horrific Waste” August 16, 2017
- Chris Archer Supports Young Prospect August 15, 2017
- WWE RAWtrospective 8/14/17: A King Dethroned August 14, 2017
- Rays Rewind: Below .500 After 1-5 Week August 14, 2017
- Sunday Souza Not Enough, Indians Take Series August 13, 2017
- Okada vs. Omega…Too Much Of A Good Thing? August 13, 2017