Sonny Gray and Yu Darvish dominate the headlines today. But you’ll never believe what Brandon Kintzler was doing when he got the news that he had been traded.
Major League Baseball’s trade deadline is without question the most exciting of the major sports. For some, it’s a holiday, for others – the busiest day of the year.
As trade rumors increased, hours were spent analyzing no-trade clauses and various other contract details of potential targets. Hours of research and evaluation put in with one goal in mind.
Reach the postseason!
— MLB Network (@MLBNetwork) July 31, 2017
Here’s a look at the deadline deals and how they impact the divisional landscape – starting with the National League East.
Two big moves in DC.
— Cut4 (@Cut4) July 31, 2017
Kintzler provides the Nationals with much needed help in the bullpen. Their offense leads the NL in almost every statistical category, including home runs, RBI, batting average, and OPS.
Eight different guys have recorded a save for the Nationals this season. That list includes the recently-acquired (OAK) Sean Doolittle. However, nobody on the team has more than eight saves.
- Rays Visit Toronto On A Short Road Trip August 17, 2017
- WWE Smackback 8/15/17 : “What A Horrific Waste” August 16, 2017
- Chris Archer Supports Young Prospect August 15, 2017
- WWE RAWtrospective 8/14/17: A King Dethroned August 14, 2017
- Rays Rewind: Below .500 After 1-5 Week August 14, 2017
- Sunday Souza Not Enough, Indians Take Series August 13, 2017
- Okada vs. Omega…Too Much Of A Good Thing? August 13, 2017