As today’s training camp ended Buccaneers.com insider Scott Smith broke some news about offensive lineman Demar Dotson that should make Bucs fans quite happy.
Breaking news: T Demar Dotson has signed a multi-year extension with the Bucs. Media availability at approximately 11:30.
— Scott Smith (@ScottSBucs) August 15, 2016
Dirk Koetter has said that right tackle, Demar Dotson, has been the best offensive lineman in camp this year. The Bucs brass must agree.
On Monday morning following practice, Dotson signed a three-year extension with the Bucs worth $16.5 million. Dotson has been with the team since 2009 and was undrafted out of Southern Mississippi. He’s played in 76 games, starting in 52 of those and is the longest tenured player on the team. Dotson played and started in all 32 games from 2013-2014 before an MCL injury sidelined him last season where he only played in six games, just three as a starter.
The Bucs are preparing for their second pre-season game of 2016 against the Jacksonville Jaguars on Saturday. Kickoff is set for 7:30 from Jacksonville.
- WWE RAWtrospective 6/26/17: Respect The Boss June 26, 2017
- Tebow Defying Odds, Critics; Gets Bump To High-A June 26, 2017
- OFFICIAL: Rays Add Hechavarria from Marlins June 26, 2017
- Andreychuk Finally Gets Into Hockey Hall of Fame June 26, 2017
- Gourde and Sustr Resign with Lightning June 26, 2017
- Stanton has sights set on defending Derby crown. June 26, 2017
- Rays-Marlins could be nearing a trade. June 26, 2017