Punter’s historic season is rewarded Saturday.
Who says punters aren’t appreciated? Well, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers know what they have in the leg of one Bryan Anger per their multi-year extension they signed the 28-year old, five year NFL veteran to on Saturday morning. Anger set franchise records this season for punts inside the 20 (32) and net punt average (42.4) which was also a career-high. He is also among the NFL leaders in both of those categories.
His punting precision has also helped in the coverage game, as well. The punt coverage team for the Bucs is fourth in the NFL allowing just 5.6 yards/return.
Anger was selected fairly high back in 2012 when the Jacksonville Jaguars selected him in the third round of the draft out of California. He spent his first four seasons with the Jags before coming over to the Bucs this year.
No specific numbers have been released as of yet. Keep it right here as this story continues to develop.
- Rays Prepare for 9-Game Road Trip May 25, 2017
- Celebrate Cyborg May 25, 2017
- Erasmo, Souza lead Rays to win over Halos. May 24, 2017
- WWE Smackback 5/23/2017:Don’t Hinder Jinder Mahal? May 24, 2017
- Erasmo gives the Rays a lot to smile about. May 24, 2017
- Rays Come Up Offenseless In Shutout To Angels May 23, 2017
- Tampa Set To Host Super Bowl LV May 23, 2017