Punter’s historic season is rewarded Saturday.
Who says punters aren’t appreciated? Well, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers know what they have in the leg of one Bryan Anger per their multi-year extension they signed the 28-year old, five year NFL veteran to on Saturday morning. Anger set franchise records this season for punts inside the 20 (32) and net punt average (42.4) which was also a career-high. He is also among the NFL leaders in both of those categories.
His punting precision has also helped in the coverage game, as well. The punt coverage team for the Bucs is fourth in the NFL allowing just 5.6 yards/return.
Anger was selected fairly high back in 2012 when the Jacksonville Jaguars selected him in the third round of the draft out of California. He spent his first four seasons with the Jags before coming over to the Bucs this year.
No specific numbers have been released as of yet. Keep it right here as this story continues to develop.
- WWE RAWtrospective 6/26/17: Respect The Boss June 26, 2017
- Tebow Defying Odds, Critics; Gets Bump To High-A June 26, 2017
- OFFICIAL: Rays Add Hechavarria from Marlins June 26, 2017
- Andreychuk Finally Gets Into Hockey Hall of Fame June 26, 2017
- Gourde and Sustr Resign with Lightning June 26, 2017
- Stanton has sights set on defending Derby crown. June 26, 2017
- Rays-Marlins could be nearing a trade. June 26, 2017